Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Port forwarding (BitTorrent) with new Airport Base Station (Mac)?  (Read 1406 times)

Offline Mic D

• Habitual Line Stepper
  • Trade Count: (19)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Can any one give me any insight? I could do it just fine on the older base station... (http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Apple/AirPortExtreme/BitTorrent.htm)

but can't seem to figure it out with the "N" base station. The lay out is a little different. Currently running 10.4.10
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 10:00:26 AM by Mic D »

Offline taylordb

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: Port forwarding (BitTorrent) with new Airport Base Station?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2007, 08:52:16 AM »
Ever since I got my airport extreme I have been unable to get ports forwarded as well.  Granted I have not tried that hard, but the setup is different and can't seem to find a good step-by-step guide.  Would love it if someone could point me in a direction for help.

Offline keytohwy

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: Port forwarding (BitTorrent) with new Airport Base Station (Mac)?
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2007, 04:32:09 PM »
Open Airport Utility, and once it finds your base station, open it and click on the advanced tab.  Under advanced, click on port mapping.  Under port mapping click the '+' sign to add a new map.  In the resulting pop up window, leave select a service as is.  Then put in the ports you need and the IP of the machine you are mapping to.  Click continue, and in the next screen give it a name and then click done.  It will then put you back in the mapped list screen and you'll need to click update for the changes to be saved to the base station.  That should do it!

keytohwy

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.047 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com