Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Panning two mono channels to stereo - which method in Audition?  (Read 1361 times)

Offline trajhip2000

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Panning two mono channels to stereo - which method in Audition?
« on: January 30, 2008, 08:19:10 PM »
When I run 4-ch on my 744T I typically take a stereo pair plus two instrument mics but record all 4 channels as mono files, then mix them down in Adobe Audition. I pan the stereo channels hard L/R using the default "logarithmic" method, but I'm wondering whether anyone knows if that method gives the most accurate representation of the original stereo image, or if the other option (equal power sinusoidal) might be "more correct"? Or is this just another one of those "whatever sounds better" kinda things?

Steve

wklitz

Re: Panning two mono channels to stereo - which method in Audition?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 10:53:52 PM »
I'd go with "whatever sounds better"...remember it's your recording, make it pleasureable to you.

Offline trajhip2000

• Taperssection Regular
Re: Panning two mono channels to stereo - which method in Audition?
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2008, 09:36:14 AM »
Well, I tried both options, and when I flip back and forth between the two files it doesn't even look like I've changed windows, i.e. they are identical. I'm thinking that may be just because they are panned hard left and right, I guess you'd see a difference as they are panned more towards the middle.

Steve

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.159 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com