Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Tracking in Audition?  (Read 2038 times)

Offline Matt Quinn

• No Ceilings
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • beep boop
Tracking in Audition?
« on: January 27, 2009, 08:05:48 AM »
Anyone use Audition for tracking? I just started screwing around with using markers this weekend, but am having a little trouble figuring out what the best/most efficient way of tracking a show would be.

In: AT853>PMD620
Out: PC>MOTU Ultralite AVB>M-Audio BX8a/Grace m900

DAW: Ableton Live 10

My LMA Recordings

Depechemode1993

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Tracking in Audition?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 10:07:02 AM »
get CD Wave (if you are running windows). Its a lot easier.

Offline Matt Quinn

• No Ceilings
  • beep boop
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009, 12:28:58 PM »
get CD Wave (if you are running windows). Its a lot easier.

I have it & use it normally. But I'd like to keep everything in one program if possible.

My LMA Recordings

Offline Matt Quinn

• No Ceilings
  • beep boop
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2009, 02:08:57 PM »
Found the answer, here it is for posterity....

http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.2ccd622a

FAQ: Preparing audio for CD burning - marking tracks and splitting your file

Ozpeter - 05:05am Sep 10, 2003 Pacific

If this is the first time you've tried this, you might consider using a suitable test file to experiment on, and burn to a re-writable CD.

Assuming that your material is fully prepared - that you have got a single 44.1kHz 16-bit stereo file displayed in edit view, possibly as a result of a mixdown from the multitrack - you can proceed as follows.

Right click on the time scale at the bottom of the waveform.
Choose 'Display Time Format > Compact Disc 75fps'.
Right click on the time scale again
Choose 'Snapping > Snap to frames (always)'.

Those steps should help ensure click-free transitions from one track to another.

Go to the beginning of the file and click there, so that the cursor is at 00:00:00:00 - press F8, and that will drop a cue mark there representing the start of track one on the CD. Now place the cursor at the point in the file that you want to set as the beginning of the second CD track. Press F8 to place a cue mark there. Proceed through the file in a similar fashion until the start of every track has been marked. Then finally place a cue mark at the end of the last track, normally the end of your displayed file.

It might be a good idea to save the file now, with the cue marks in it. To ensure that the cues are saved, use "save as..." and put a check mark in the "save non-audio data" box. The program should default to this setting in the future.

Now select 'View > Show Cue List'.
In normal Windows fashion highlight (select) all the cues listed there.
Press the Merge button that is part of the cue list window.
Your cues have now been changed into ranges , which represent the start of track one to the end of track one, the start of track two to the end of track two, and so on.

Now highlight all the ranges, and press the 'Batch' button.
In the dialog that appears, click on the 'Save to files' button so that the lower part of the dialog is enabled.
Enter something relevant in the 'Filename prefix' box - like "Track" or "Song" or whatever - this will ultimately create files called "Track1, Track2" etc or "Song1, Song2...."
Set Seq. Start to "1".
Specify the Destination Folder in normal Windows fashion.
Set the Output Format to "Windows PCM".
Click on "OK"

This will generate in the directory you specified the files you will then burn to CD using Nero or whatever.

In Nero, the audio CD wizard should guide you through the process. Each file will become a separate track with a separate track number.

If you have allowed space between the tracks when you laid them out in the Edit view in the first place, you probably don't want Nero to add 2 seconds between each track. The same applies if it is continuous material like a live concert - you don't want silence between the tracks. So in the Nero list of tracks, highlight all but the first track, right click and select Properties, then set 'Pause' to zero.

In the burn dialog, make sure that you set the Write Method to 'disc at once'.

Sounds complicated? Not really. Once you've done it the first couple of times, it will only take you a few moments. Once you've seen and understood what's happening you should be able to adapt these instructions to suit different circumstances as the need arises.

My LMA Recordings

Offline tilomagnet

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2009, 03:46:33 PM »
Tried it back when it was still CEP, it's a pain -> quickly went back to CDWave.

Depechemode1993

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2009, 04:20:32 PM »
Tried it back when it was still CEP, it's a pain -> quickly went back to CDWave.

thats what I am saying. I use Adobe Audition for EQ'ing and other things. But CDWave is where its at for tracking! so easy!

Offline Matt Quinn

• No Ceilings
  • beep boop
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2009, 04:45:08 PM »
Doesn't seem too bad from that link I posted......will try it tonight & report back. Saves me having to close the file in one application then open it in another one. I wish there was a plug in version of CDWav for DAW's though.

My LMA Recordings

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.041 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com