Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Core Sound Battery Box  (Read 2143 times)

Offline Boedi-taper

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Support Your Local Senior Taper!!!!
Core Sound Battery Box
« on: February 12, 2023, 04:57:49 PM »
Hey there! 

So a few years back, I bought a set of core sound Mics with the battery box. I think I only used them three or four times. Last show that I used them was this past summer. As I was set  a record, I got no signal. I know everything was plugged in correctly to my deck. So I’m thinking that I left The cord That goes to the battery box, accidentally plugged in and it drained the battery. Does anyone know if this was the probable reason? And if so, do I need to buy new batteries for the battery box? Any help appreciated!Thanks!

Offline jefflester

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: Core Sound Battery Box
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2023, 06:26:48 PM »
Yes, certainly the likely culprit. If the mics are plugged in to the battery box they are drawing current, even if it is very low.

DPA4061 HEB -> R-09 / AT943 -> CA-UGLY -> R-09
AKG CK63 -> nBob actives -> Baby NBox -> R-09/DR2d
AKG CK63 -> AKG C460B -> Zoom F8/DR-680MKII
Line Audio CM4/Superlux S502/Samson C02/iSK Little Gem/Sennheiser E609/Shure SM57 -> Zoom F8/DR-680MKII (multitracked band recordings)

Offline moondust.and.solitude

• Taperssection Regular
  • Holding hands singing kumbaya
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2023, 03:58:12 AM »
Yes, certainly the likely culprit. If the mics are plugged in to the battery box they are drawing current, even if it is very low.

This is 100% truth.
Mics: Lewitt LCT-040; Naiant X-X Omni's; Audio Technica U853AW's; Sony ECM-166BMP's; Audio Technica AT-853's.
Cables: Gotham GAC-4/1 Cables; Canare Custom Cables, UniStar LilRed Whip.
Recorders: Tascam DR-100mkIII; Tascam DR-05x, Tascam PortaCapture X8, Sony PCM-A10.
Misc: Samsung EVO Plus 128GB SDXC Cards.
RayoVac Fusion Batteries.

Offline Boedi-taper

• Taperssection Member
  • Support Your Local Senior Taper!!!!
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2023, 08:15:47 AM »

Thanks for the response guys’ll

Offline BeatriceStokes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2023, 05:09:34 AM »
Hey there! 

So a few years back, I bought a set of core sound Mics with the battery box. I think I only used them three or four times. Last show that I used them was this past summer. As I was set  a record, I got no signal. I know everything was plugged in correctly to my deck. So I’m thinking that I left The cord That goes to the battery box, accidentally plugged in and it drained the battery. Does anyone know if this was the probable reason? And if so, do I need to buy new batteries for the battery box? Any help appreciated!Thanks!
Or if you want answers, you can download the Nova AI Mod APK application on the getmodnow website to have AI answer those questions.
It's possible that leaving the cord plugged into the battery box could have drained the battery. One way to test this is to replace the batteries and see if the mics work again. If they do, then the drained batteries were likely the issue.

If you do need to replace the batteries, make sure to use fresh ones and follow the manufacturer's instructions for replacing them. It's also a good idea to check the expiration date on the batteries to ensure they're still good.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2023, 09:51:34 PM by BeatriceStokes »

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.073 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com