Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: trouble with Tascam DR2d  (Read 2455 times)

Offline zupanic

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
trouble with Tascam DR2d
« on: August 17, 2011, 01:02:16 AM »
once external microphones are plugged into the DR2d, is it possible that the internal mics are still active ?
I recorded a show tonight with perfect sound, perfect location, and great levels yet it sounds like someone is rubbing the mics with their fingers every 30 seconds or so. I did keep my hand in or near my pocket most of the evening just to keep the cables outta sight.
The levels and gain were not too high and there was no wind worth mentioning, yet it sounds like I was recording in a typhoon....sporadically. Only thing I can figure is that it was caused by my hand going in and out of my pocket where the DR2d was located. Am I making any sense ?  The recording in general has great sound that is destroyed by periodic distorted sounds which like I said sound like extremely heavy wind or someone touching the actual microphones.
any input or advice is appreciated.

Offline Will_S

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: trouble with Tascam DR2d
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 01:13:53 AM »
Did you go mics to mic in, or to line in via a preamp or battery box?

If you went mics to line in, it's possible you were recording in dual/mix mode, in which the internal mics would still he active.

Otherwise I'd suspect jostling the miniplug connector or handling noise from moving the cable around.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.043 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com