Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: New Mod for SBM-1?  (Read 3593 times)

Offline Charlies

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
New Mod for SBM-1?
« on: October 06, 2005, 04:29:39 PM »
I knew that would get some attentionĀ  ;D.

Anyway, I think the left and right level controls on the sbm-1 rank second in shitty-ness behind the cal pots on a minime, especially in the dark or, worse yet, in the dark while trying to be low profile. Has anyone ever seen an sbm-1 with some kind of tabs added to the level control to make it a little more easy to adjust left and right separately? If not, anybody know of a potential volunteer to undertake this project on my unit? I like the fact the mine are kind of firm and do not move if accidentally jostled, so I do not think adding any kind of lubricant would be a good idea.

Thanks.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2005, 08:51:49 PM by Charlies »
AKG ck61/2/3->JK Labs actives and DVC V20->722
M148, Minime, Mod SBM-1, M1

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I love/hate tickets.
Re: New Mod for SBM-1?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2005, 04:30:22 PM »
concur
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

marc0789

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2005, 04:38:08 PM »
yeah, that and the fabulous sample rate switch are my only bitches. You only have to tape one show at 32khz to know that gaffers is your friend. ::)

although I must not be getting loaded enough at shows, 'cause I've done r/l adjustments pretty easily....though very carefully. :P

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2005, 04:43:32 PM »
yeah, that and the fabulous sample rate switch are my only bitches. You only have to tape one show at 32khz to know that gaffers is your friend. ::)

Exactly what happened to me!!!
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline thoman8r

• Proud member of the reality-based community
  • Let's go Pens!
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2005, 05:11:44 PM »
That's why I tape down the sample rate switch.  I'd break the damn thing off if I could.

As far as the knobs go, they suck ass, but that's what sound editing software is for!
"No. Don't call me a hero. Do you know who the real heroes are? The guys who wake up every morning and go in their normal jobs and get a distress call from the commissioner and take off their glasses and change into capes and fly around fighting crime. Those are the real heroes."
- Dwight Schrute

Offline setboy

• Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2005, 07:15:28 PM »
this is off topic but

how much gain can the sbm1 add?

Raphael

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2005, 07:59:34 PM »
this is off topic but

Raphael

None - It adds no gain whatsoever.

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline setboy

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2005, 08:06:59 PM »
this is off topic but

Raphael

None - It adds no gain whatsoever.

Thats what i thought. i keep seeing people saying it adds gain, so i was kind of confused :-\

Thanks

Raphael

Offline Chris K

• Bound to cover just a little more ground
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2005, 09:58:57 PM »
its easier to adjust the pre-amp to even things out than it is to do it on the sbm-1.

i used to run mics > line converts > sbm-1 and i tried a few times to adjust l/r with the separate sbm knobs. its almost impossible to do it without major issues on one of the channels.

like thoma said, you can clean it up in post
My gear: JK Labs AKG DVC > M10
              AKG 460 ck61/ck62/ck63 > DR-70D

A live concert to me is exciting because of all the electricity that is generated in the crowd and on stage. It's my favorite part of the business, live concerts.
-Elvis Presley

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2005, 10:35:28 PM »
its easier to adjust the pre-amp to even things out than it is to do it on the sbm-1.

i used to run mics > line converts > sbm-1 and i tried a few times to adjust l/r with the separate sbm knobs. its almost impossible to do it without major issues on one of the channels.

yeah, in my rig, its my only level control...

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline Charlies

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2005, 11:10:25 PM »

yeah, in my rig, its my only level control...

me too, the jk box has stepped gain, and the 148 has fixed gain, that is applied evenly to both channels....
AKG ck61/2/3->JK Labs actives and DVC V20->722
M148, Minime, Mod SBM-1, M1

Offline Lengthwise

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2005, 03:58:48 PM »

Exactly what happened to me!!!

agreed, it only happens once!
4/kc5/6>PSP3>MiniMe>661

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.069 seconds with 37 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com