Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Does digital drift exist? (marco benevento at schubas chicago cont)  (Read 5611 times)

Offline Elguapo511

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: Does digital drift exist? (marco benevento at schubas chicago cont)
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2018, 02:01:22 PM »
Audacity 2.1.3

Offline Elguapo511

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2018, 02:03:50 PM »
if anyone is interested in aligning these two tracks, it will speed up my mixing process.  this show is a week old.  does anyone even listen to music?

i will pay you back in jams

Offline capnhook

• All your llamas are belong to us....
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2018, 02:12:49 PM »
There you go, mystery solved.

In Audacity versions above V2.1.0 there is a problem with "Change Speed".

Values you might enter for the amount of speed change get changed, without any notice to you.....the value's digits get truncated for some damn reason.

Say, if you enter 0.001500652783961 for the factor, the program truncates the value to 0.0015.  WRONG.

Go back to V2.1.0 and I predict you will be pleased.  Why the team broke something that worked properly is anybody's guess.

I never asked anyone why, I'm just standing firm on V2.1.0 until I hear this regression has been addressed.
Proud member of the reality-based community

BSCS-L->JB-mod [NAK CM-300 (CP-3) and/or (CP-1)]->LSD2->CA CAFS-Omni->Sony ECM-907**Apogee MiniMe Rev. C->CA Ugly II->**Edirol OCM R-44->Tascam DR-22WL->Sony TCD-D8

"Don't ever take an all or nothing attitude when it comes to making a difference
and being beautiful and making the world a beautiful place through your actions.
Every little bit is registered.  Every little bit.  So be as beautiful as you can as often as you can"

"It'll never be over, 'till we learn."

"My dream is to get a bus and get the band and just go coast to coast. Just about everything else except music, is anti-musical.  That's it.  Music's the thing." - Jeb Puryear

Offline Elguapo511

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2018, 10:37:59 AM »
it worked.

all hail capn hook.

After all this, I am wondering if there is a better free software that mac users use for post production?
having to wait to process while eq is making this also very difficult to A/B levels.

all hail capnhook and this hear board

Offline nulldogmas

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • How I Escaped My Uncertain Fate
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2018, 08:25:40 AM »
Yay success!

I've found Sound Studio to be excellent for aligning two sources, but it's not free ($30).

Offline capnhook

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2018, 08:56:00 PM »
it worked.

all hail capnhook.

After all this, I am wondering if there is a better free software that mac users use for post production?
having to wait to process while eq is making this also very difficult to A/B levels.

all hail capnhook and this hear board

Congratulations Elguapo, and here's to making more great tapes..!
Proud member of the reality-based community

BSCS-L->JB-mod [NAK CM-300 (CP-3) and/or (CP-1)]->LSD2->CA CAFS-Omni->Sony ECM-907**Apogee MiniMe Rev. C->CA Ugly II->**Edirol OCM R-44->Tascam DR-22WL->Sony TCD-D8

"Don't ever take an all or nothing attitude when it comes to making a difference
and being beautiful and making the world a beautiful place through your actions.
Every little bit is registered.  Every little bit.  So be as beautiful as you can as often as you can"

"It'll never be over, 'till we learn."

"My dream is to get a bus and get the band and just go coast to coast. Just about everything else except music, is anti-musical.  That's it.  Music's the thing." - Jeb Puryear

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.081 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com