Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: SanDisk "High Endurance" microSD  (Read 4012 times)

Offline voltronic

• Trade Count: (40)
  • Needs to get out more...
SanDisk "High Endurance" microSD
« on: June 17, 2020, 07:07:20 AM »
I recently picked up a couple of these cards to use in my IP camera and my Pi-Hole network device.  They are supposedly made to be more reliable than standard cards under heavy, continuous use.  So far, so good.
I am hitting my head against the walls, but the walls are giving way.
- Gustav Mahler

Acoustic Recording Techniques
Team Classical
Team Line Audio
Team DPA

Online heathen

• Trade Count: (23)
Re: SanDisk "High Endurance" microSD
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2020, 12:46:32 PM »
Did you choose these because you were having problems with the regular microSD cards, or just to try them out?
Mics: AT4050ST | AT4031 | AT853 (C/SC) | Line Audio CM3 | Sennheiser e614 | Sennheiser MKE2 | DPA 4061 Pre: CA9200 Decks: Zoom F8 | Roland R-05

Offline EmRR

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Member
    • ElectroMagnetic Radiation Recorders
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2020, 12:57:36 PM »
I wonder if those are designed more for use in remote outdoor cameras, etc?   I suppose I could go read.....
Mics: DPA 4060 w/MPS 6030 PSU/DAD6001/DAD4099, Neumann KM 131, Oktava MK 012, Sennheiser MKH 105, MKH 20, MKH 30, MKH 40, MKH 800 TWIN
Recorders: Zoom F8n, Sony MZ-R50

Offline voltronic

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2020, 02:25:45 PM »
Did you choose these because you were having problems with the regular microSD cards, or just to try them out?

I wasn't really having problems; it was more to try out since I needed another card for my new camera.  Since the pi-hole is having its card used all the time when anything uses the network, I figured it would be a good candidate also.
- Gustav Mahler

Team Classical
Team Line Audio
Team DPA

Offline voltronic

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2020, 02:27:37 PM »
I wonder if those are designed more for use in remote outdoor cameras, etc?   I suppose I could go read.....

It could just all be marketing, but the price is nearly the same as the regular ones.  These seem to be directed toward things like dash cams that record all the time.
- Gustav Mahler

Team Classical
Team Line Audio
Team DPA

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
  • Trade Count: (31)
  • The plural of anecdote is not data
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2020, 02:34:17 PM »
heres what this site says

Something not addressed in these tests is reliability. While flash memory is generally quite stable and resilient, in part because there are no moving parts, memory cards can and do fail. When choosing which cards to use myself, speed is one factor, but I also generally favor cards from well-established brands. And for normal use, those typically offer excellent performance. But I also like to keep at least one spare on hand–it’s hard to complete a shoot with a faulty memory card.

But if you’re choosing a memory card for what amounts to near-constant writing–such as with a dashcam or security cam that is constantly being overwritten–you might be better off in the long run with one of the specialized high-endurance cards that some brands offer, like these. They typically aren’t at the top of the speed charts, but they add extra peace of mind that the card should be able to tolerate very high numbers of write cycles.
Unable to post or PM due to arbitrary censorship of people the mod doesn't like. Please email me using the link in my profile if you need to connect

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.064 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com