Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: NERO 6 Ultra Help  (Read 1976 times)

Offline kmageau

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
NERO 6 Ultra Help
« on: June 23, 2005, 09:20:23 PM »
Does anyone use Nero 6 ultra for transfering video? I have the software and was trying to capture a show form digital Hi8 via Dv out firewire to my PC. After 30 minutes of capture I have well over 1000 lost frames. Needless to say the video looked like crap. I am looking for suggestions on how to avoid this or limit this from happening.

Does harddrive speed have anything to do with this problem?

thanks
keith

Offline sabre

• Taperssection Regular
Re: NERO 6 Ultra Help
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2005, 11:30:45 PM »
Try to capture your DV-AVI to a different hard drive rather than your system drive. Ideally you should have two separate hard drives in your PC.
If that's not possible, make sure you have defragged your hard drive. Also make sure you don't have any other programs running while you are capturing (transferring) your video. Disable virus scanners, screen savers, firewalls, internet connection etc. etc.

Try using WinDV to transfer your video footage instead of Nero. You can download it from: http://windv.mourek.cz/  It's a very small program that doesn't use up much memory and is quite stable.

What speed is your hard drive? I have 7200rpm hard drives and never drop a frame when capturing DV-AVI footage from my miniDV/Digital 8 camcorder. Even if you have a 5400rpm hard drive you should still be able to have a perfect transfer, just make sure that you follow the tips in my first paragraph.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2005, 11:37:46 PM by punani »

Offline kmageau

• Taperssection Newbie
Re: NERO 6 Ultra Help
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2005, 10:25:18 PM »
thanks for the advice. I appreciate it

Keith

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.056 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com