Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: CanJam Chicago  (Read 2104 times)

Offline ironbut

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
CanJam Chicago
« on: May 12, 2010, 10:58:46 PM »
Considering all the threads devoted to this or that headphone, I thought I'd give you guys a heads up on an event where you should be able to listen and compare just about any full sized or IEM you might be thinking about buying.

For the fifth year, the Headfi community is holding it's International Meet. This year it's taking place at the O'Hare Hyatt in Chicago June 5th-6th.

If you aren't familiar with Headfi, it's an online community of headphone crazies from all over the world. One of the best things about our not so little group (last time I looked, around 60k)are the "meets". At these events many of us bring our gear for anyone to listen and sample the latest gear.
The International Meet brings folks from all over the world (volcano's permitting) and a large number of headphone and headphone related product manufacturers together for a weekend of listening.
So, if you'd like to spend some time listening to a pair of headphones that you're considering purchasing or want to hear what a $20k+ headphone set up sounds like. Come and join us.
Here's a link to the particulars for this year;

* http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/437304/save-the-date-jun   (Open in New Window)

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
Re: CanJam Chicago
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 12:44:31 AM »
Go an do the Smyth Research demo, if the brothers are there.  Get your mind blown.  Then please beg them to relase a version with a USB2 interface (or HDMI).
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline ironbut

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 10:56:32 PM »
Yeah, I tried to get a listen to that last year in LA but it was a aways busy (when I wasn't busy tending my reel to reel rig). This year I'm just going to have a super simple system shared with another guy so I'll have plenty of chances to check it out.
I'll definitely give them some grief about not having USB!

Offline Gutbucket

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2010, 12:38:12 AM »
Saw them a couple years back here in South Florida.  Incredible, but just the prototype at the time.  I talked to Micheal (the engineering brother) at length about surround recording and use for mobile monitoring and mixing.

To use the current version with a laptop I'd need a seperate multi-channel DAC infront of it just to get analog out to it's multichannel ADC.  The head tracker is a bit clumsy too and could use more range.  I'd buy a USB version now if they had one.

It does up to 8 channels so I realized recently that could use it for virtual ambisonic playback of my new tetramic recordings including height.  Ask them about that if you can.  Too bad the current head tracking is only in the horizontal plane.
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline Gutbucket

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2010, 09:58:58 AM »
Anyone go to this?

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.05 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com