Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Who can terminate two countryman B3 into a right angle 1/8 miniplug  (Read 2041 times)

Offline swordfish

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
I am about to pull the trigger on 2 Countryman B3 +- O db mics.  I own a pair of DPA 4061(which are low sens) and need another stealth mic for acoustic or semi acoustic shows.

Since a friend of mine has a pair of CASF I thought I test the countryman.  I plan to buy two pigtail mics and need to have them teminated.  I guess I don't need any mod to it since I mostly want to use it during acoustic shows or some quiter rock/blues shows.

or do I need the 2.2/4.7 mod always.

I thought I read that SP or CA can do the mod.  Anybody else?  Please send me a PM

SF

PS:  the B3 can/will be used with a Tinybox 1.0 an Uggly BB or pre and a CA 9100

Offline larrysellers

• Trade Count: (35)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Qualified
Re: Who can terminate two countryman B3 into a right angle 1/8 miniplug
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 08:20:19 AM »
One of the TS.com cable makers can help you. They have a thread in the retail section - http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=96346.0

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 10:14:10 AM »
I am about to pull the trigger on 2 Countryman B3 +- O db mics.  I own a pair of DPA 4061(which are low sens) and need another stealth mic for acoustic or semi acoustic shows.

Since a friend of mine has a pair of CASF I thought I test the countryman.  I plan to buy two pigtail mics and need to have them teminated.  I guess I don't need any mod to it since I mostly want to use it during acoustic shows or some quiter rock/blues shows.

I thought I read that SP or CA can do the mod.  Anybody else?  Please send me a PM

SF

PS:  the B3 can/will be used with a Tinybox 1.0 an Uggly BB or pre and a CA 9100
Doing the "mod" or MY MOD as I like to call it... involves more than just soldering a resistor on it involves measuring the distortion before and after to make sure you have the correct value. I have a way of finding that value with my distortion measurement software / hardware. So that you dont end up sucking out all the level and I find the best compromise between distortion and output.

Chris
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline swordfish

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2011, 12:57:12 AM »

SF

Thanks for te reply Chris...I will contact you per PM when the mics are on order.

Thanks,

SF

Doing the "mod" or MY MOD as I like to call it... involves more than just soldering a resistor on it involves measuring the distortion before and after to make sure you have the correct value. I have a way of finding that value with my distortion measurement software / hardware. So that you dont end up sucking out all the level and I find the best compromise between distortion and output.

Chris

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.053 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com