Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: CA-Ugly preamp question  (Read 2612 times)

Offline XmnwildX12

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Newbie
CA-Ugly preamp question
« on: December 21, 2011, 09:12:58 PM »
I have the CA-Ugly preamp and CAFS and I have not been able to get the preamp to work properly. On my Sony PCM-M10 recorder it only shows the left mic picking up sound. I have plugged the mics directly into the recorder and it picks up the left and right. I have tried adjusting the nodes on the back (clockwise, counter clockwise and in the middle) and only the levels go up and down on the left mic. I have also tried three different 9V batteries (Sunbeam, Duracell, Energizer) and out of ideas on what to try.... anyone else have any ideas?

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: CA-Ugly preamp question
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 09:59:23 PM »
I have the CA-Ugly preamp and CAFS and I have not been able to get the preamp to work properly. On my Sony PCM-M10 recorder it only shows the left mic picking up sound. I have plugged the mics directly into the recorder and it picks up the left and right. I have tried adjusting the nodes on the back (clockwise, counter clockwise and in the middle) and only the levels go up and down on the left mic. I have also tried three different 9V batteries (Sunbeam, Duracell, Energizer) and out of ideas on what to try.... anyone else have any ideas?

Yeah send it back for me to look at. But first plug a pair of headphones into the output and the mics into the input if you only get one side for sure the preamp needs some TLC.
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline XmnwildX12

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 10:28:52 PM »
With headphones I only get one side.

Can you message me the address to send it to?

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2011, 11:06:12 PM »
Please email me directly.
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.064 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com