Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: 24 bit DVD-A Live Recordings?  (Read 3830 times)

Offline spott

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
24 bit DVD-A Live Recordings?
« on: October 14, 2004, 08:42:40 AM »
Ok, so what are the good 24 bit DVD-A Live Recordings in circulation? Is there any good MMW?

Offline Craig T

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • LMA
Re: 24 bit DVD-A Live Recordings?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2004, 02:03:51 PM »
Not many people are uploading 24bit stuff to archive.org or running bit torrents, so I'm not sure what's out there.  Now that burning DVD-A's (and DVD-V's) is relatively inexpensive, I've been running 16 & 24bit torrents of my recordings.  Search through the Kickdown section for what's gone out there, maybe some are still active.  Sorry, no MMW.
Schoeps cmc6/4v / Line Audio CM3, OM1 / ADK A51 / Church Audio CA-14
Naiant Tinybox v2.2 / NBox(P) / Church Audio ST9200 / CA-UGLY
Sony PCM-M10 / Tascam DR-70D / Zoom F3 / Zoom F6

Offline JasonSobel

• Trade Count: (8)
    • My show list
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2004, 06:06:22 PM »
I've got two bit torrents going currently, for Phish 6/19/04 and 6/20/04 (both 24/48).  and I will be torrenting both June Alpine Valley and Deer Creek shows as well, look for those soon.  if you keep your eyes open, it seems like once or twice a week a 24 bit show pops up on bt.etree.org

oh, and the 24 bit recordings of the great woods (8/10 and 8/11/04) are really killer recordings...

hopefully as time goes on, more people will be sharing the 24 bits :)

Offline Thom Joad

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Team TNT!
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2004, 11:02:44 PM »
You do know that "Uninvisible" is out on DVD-A, right?  Sounds excellent!

Offline MattD

• Taper Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2004, 10:08:10 AM »
I always reply to this telling people to search for my last name (DeNardo) on archive.org to find 24-bit FLACs. I have probably over 20 recordings up on that site so far. Someone's working on a 24/48 MMW for me now as well.

I don't do BTs because I don't have enough bandwidth to torrent 2.5 GB of stuff at once. I also don't do DVD-A because I don't have a DVD-A player, though anyone is welcome to make a DVD-A from the FLACs and spread it as long as you note that in your info file.
Out of the game … for now?

Offline JasonSobel

• My show list
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2004, 10:46:21 AM »
I also don't do DVD-A because I don't have a DVD-A player, though anyone is welcome to make a DVD-A from the FLACs and spread it as long as you note that in your info file.

does anyone actually trade dvd-audio discs?  in the few trades I've done, we've just traded 24 bit FLACs...  also, if you don't want to spend a lot of time downloading, and are interested in a trade, I've got about 20 shows so far in 24 bit, feel free to email me for a trade.
http://www.phishhook.com/lists/JasonSobel
and towards the top of the page, you should see a link for the 24 bit stuff.

and MattD, thanks for pointing out the fact that you've got 24bit stuff up on the archive, I'll definitely take a look.

- Jason

Offline MattD

• Taper Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2004, 11:31:12 AM »
here's the archive search

For pure sound quality, I recommend the 11/1/02 Lotus, both of the Charlie Hunter, and the 7/17/04 Carbon Leaf (there's a 16-bit out there with my name on it too, so check to make sure it's the 24/96 one). The Derek Trucks from 7/19/03 is also good. I have a list that I need to get hosted again. I'll let you know when that's up.
Out of the game … for now?

Offline taylorc

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2004, 07:40:21 PM »
oh, and the 24 bit recordings of the great woods (8/10 and 8/11/04) are really killer recordings...

Jason, I snagged the SPAC shows that are up.  Thanks again for posting them.  What are the sources for the Great Woods 24 bits you speak of?

Offline JasonSobel

• My show list
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2004, 09:28:13 AM »
John Cocci's source for Great Woods (the same for both nights):
Neumann ak40 > lc3 > km100 > Lunatec V3 > VX Pocket (24 Bit/48 Khz) > Samplitude 7.0 > FLAC v1.7.1

real nice recordings :)

Offline spott

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2004, 02:08:26 PM »
Thanks a for all the help guys (+T) - I've got MMW's Uninvisible and it does sound great, other DVD-A's I've been listening to; Ryan Adams - Gold (Damnit, I want some Whiskeytown), Beck's - Sea Change, and Neil Young's - Harvest.  I've downloaded the Phish shows from the summer and the Wilco one that was on bt.etree.org.

I'll have to do some searching on archive.org to find some more 24/96 live material.

Thanks for the suggestions!
Spott

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.07 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com