Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Panasonic Lumix DC-ZS200 (edit: mostly about ZS100 though)  (Read 115867 times)

Offline guitard

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Panasonic Lumix DC-ZS200 (edit: mostly about ZS100 though)
« Reply #90 on: January 10, 2020, 09:23:43 AM »
I see that also in AVCHD the time limit is removed.

I tried finding the AVCHD setting, but couldn't.  The manual wasn't much help either.  I have non-concert related projects that I could really use the AVCHD setting without the time limit.  Please help a brother out.

I hate these menu cameras though.

But once you get your menus all set, you pretty much don't have to mess with them again except for maybe formatting an SD card.  At least, that's how it's been for me.
Mics: Schoeps MK41s & MK41Vs >:D
Pre-amps: BabyNbox & Platinum Nbox
Deck: Sony A10

Video: Canon HF G70 (4K), Sony FDR AX100 (4K), Pany ZS100 (4K)
Photo: Canon EOS 7D w/ Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L is III USM

A/V software: Sony Vegas Pro 18 (build 527) 64 bit / DVD Architect Pro 6.0 (build 237)

Offline beatkilla

• Trade Count: (70)
« Reply #91 on: January 10, 2020, 10:36:06 AM »
2 different sections in the motion picture menu. One has you pick between mp4 and avchd it’s before where you choose the 4K or 1080 modes.

Offline guitard

« Reply #92 on: January 10, 2020, 11:45:18 AM »
2 different sections in the motion picture menu. One has you pick between mp4 and avchd it’s before where you choose the 4K or 1080 modes.

Got it - thanks!

A/V software: Sony Vegas Pro 18 (build 527) 64 bit / DVD Architect Pro 6.0 (build 237)

Offline beatkilla

« Reply #93 on: January 10, 2020, 12:18:37 PM »
Also I have the lcd set to monochrome, way easier to manually focus with peaking.

Offline DavidPuddy

• Trade Count: (18)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • If it's too loud, turn it down.
« Reply #94 on: January 16, 2020, 02:03:46 PM »
Does anyone record in 4k and upload in 1080? The file sizes are staggering - my connection times out before I can upload these shows in 4k
Mics: mk4v/mk41v/mk22 > CMC1L/Nbobs, 4061, MKE2
Preamps: Mixpre-D, Nbox Platinum ABS
Recorders: Mixpre-6 ii, PCM-A10

Offline sabre

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #95 on: January 17, 2020, 06:36:42 AM »
Does anyone record in 4k and upload in 1080? The file sizes are staggering - my connection times out before I can upload these shows in 4k

What is your upload speed?

Offline guitard

« Reply #96 on: January 17, 2020, 04:47:12 PM »

I mux 4K vids with 24 bit audio and upload to Youtube all the time.  So ... 60-70GB files.  Down-converting to 1080 would be really time consuming -- and would seriously cut into time I spend doing other video projects on my computer.

I'm really lucky that the podunk town I live in decided to do something about the shit internet service offered by Comcast and it started its own fibernet service.  So I get really fast upload speeds (over 10MBs/sec most of the time) and I only pay $40/mth flat fee.  On top of that, they don't care how much bandwidth you use; they don't even monitor it.

Offline beatkilla

« Reply #97 on: January 25, 2020, 12:36:02 PM »
Is it possible to have Auto ISO in video mode?I don't see it.

How to get Auto focus in video mode? I'm stuck in manual focus.

Offline beatkilla

« Reply #98 on: January 25, 2020, 01:59:34 PM »
Is it possible to have Auto ISO in video mode?I don't see it.

OK i seen Auto ISO is not available in Manual mode(unlike the Canon DSLRs that i'm used to)But is available in Shutter Priority,Aperture Priority.

Still wondering about AF and MF though.

I can set the AF ON AE LOCK button to auto focus while pressing it in while im in MF mode but what about being in auto focus mode without pressing the button and grabbing MF when needed while filming.I can't find any way to do this.

Offline guitard

« Reply #99 on: January 25, 2020, 03:10:02 PM »

I asked this several months ago and no one ever responded.  I have since bought a second ZS100 and have not tried to do anything that would take it out of auto-focus mode.  My first ZS100 is still in manual focus mode.  I like it for certain situations - like when there is a lot of flashing lights (strobes), for example.  But I also get a fair amount of video that is slightly out of focus when shooting in manual focus mode because it appears to be in focus in the LED, and I don't actually see that it's out of focus until I get home and see it on my computer.

I considered the 'nuclear bomb' option of resetting the camera to default settings (which would bring back auto-focus) and go back through with the other various recommended settings that Datfly listed, along with the recording time hack.  That would only take five minutes or so.  But now that I have a second camera, I decided not to do that.

Offline beatkilla

« Reply #100 on: January 26, 2020, 10:53:37 AM »
I just noticed a strange occurence.

I recorded 2 clips in AVCHD 1920 x 1080 30p

When i copy them to computer the specs of the clips are 720 x480 and windows media player plays them as 720 x 480.

I bring those clips into Vegas and they are 1920 x1080?

guitard can you test on your system please.

Offline guitard

« Reply #101 on: January 26, 2020, 01:14:56 PM »
I recently recorded a clip in AVCHD mode with the second (from the top) option for "FHD 17M 60i" in the "Recording Quality" section in the camera menu.

I copied the file to my computer.  Here are the file specs shown by MediaInfo (https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo) on top, and Windows Explorer on the bottom):

Offline beatkilla

« Reply #102 on: January 26, 2020, 02:28:44 PM »

I asked this several months ago and no one ever responded.  I have since bought a second ZS100 and have not tried to do anything that would take it out of auto-focus mode.  My first ZS100 is still in manual focus mode.  I like it for certain situations - like when there is a lot of flashing lights (strobes), for example.  But I also get a fair amount of video that is slightly out of focus when shooting in manual focus mode because it appears to be in focus in the LED, and I don't actually see that it's out of focus until I get home and see it on my computer.

I considered the 'nuclear bomb' option of resetting the camera to default settings (which would bring back auto-focus) and go back through with the other various recommended settings that Datfly listed, along with the recording time hack.  That would only take five minutes or so.  But now that I have a second camera, I decided not to do that.

I figured it out.

On the back of the camera to the left of the center Menu button is the MF button.
If when you press this the yellow focus square pops up(such was the case for me)You need to go into the Menu>Custom Wrench screen>Page 3 DIRECT FOCUS AREA -OFF-.
Now when you press the MF button on back of camera you get your choices of AF.MF

Also most useful for how we are filming is to change the AF/AE Lock button so when you press it in you get AF only while pressing in.So you can be in full Manual Focus and grab AF when pressing and holding the AF/AE Lock button(AKA back button AF) press it in and get AF.let go and back in Manual focus.

To set this up go to Custom Wrench Menu>Page 1 AF/AE Lock>SELECT >AF-ON :coolguy:

Offline guitard

« Reply #103 on: January 26, 2020, 03:27:39 PM »

I figured it out.

On the back of the camera to the left of the center Menu button is the MF button.
If when you press this the yellow focus square pops up(such was the case for me)You need to go into the Menu>Custom Wrench screen>Page 3 DIRECT FOCUS AREA -OFF-.
Now when you press the MF button on back of camera you get your choices of AF.MF

Also most useful for how we are filming is to change the AF/AE Lock button so when you press it in you get AF only while pressing in.So you can be in full Manual Focus and grab AF when pressing and holding the AF/AE Lock button(AKA back button AF) press it in and get AF.let go and back in Manual focus.

To set this up go to Custom Wrench Menu>Page 1 AF/AE Lock>SELECT >AF-ON :coolguy:

I was :banging head: for a long time about this until I finally gave up.  Thanks for figuring this out.

Offline DavidPuddy

• Trade Count: (18)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • If it's too loud, turn it down.
« Reply #104 on: February 08, 2020, 03:16:24 PM »

I figured it out.

Thanks for this. I'm trying it out tonight. My last video has periods of lost focus, which was disappointing.
Mics: mk4v/mk41v/mk22 > CMC1L/Nbobs, 4061, MKE2
Preamps: Mixpre-D, Nbox Platinum ABS
Recorders: Mixpre-6 ii, PCM-A10

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.103 seconds with 44 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com