Gear / Technical Help > Battery Boxes, Preamps, Mixers, ADCs, and Processors

powering a mini-me

(1/3) > >>

DaryanLenz:
Well, I got a brand spanking new mini-me in the mail today thanks to masterpiece.  What kind of power consum ption am I looking at here?  I have a 12v/5amh, and a 12v/12amh battery I could use tonight.  I will probably come up with something in between at some point but was wondering if I could get away with just running the 12/5 for a 3-4 hour show?  Any thoughts?  Also, I didn't get a dc cable, which is no bid deal,  because I had an extra that I had made for the sax which just happens to work perfectly...saved myself a lot of trouble too!  Anyway, all thoughts are appreciated.  Off to class :'(

D

Brian Skalinder:
You should be fine for a 3-4 hour show, Daryan.

I believe Watts = Current * Voltage.  So Current =  Watts / Voltage.  We know from the specs the MMe is 5.5W.  And your SLA is 12v.  So...

5.5 / 12 = ~.46 (but lets round up to .50)

At .50 a/h, your 5 ah battery would theoretically last ~10 hours.  But throw in the fact that you don't want to completely drain your SLA, so let's take 80% of your SLAs capacity.  Theoretically, that gets you to ~ 8 hours on your 12v/5ah SLA running the MMe.

Caveat: "In theory, theory and practice are the same.  In practice, they're not."

Maybe someone who's actually run the thing can tell you for certain, but I'd bet money you'll be fine.

Bri:
yo hit it right on the nose bri #2.... ;)

Bri #1

twoodruff:
skalinder--

i ve heard through the vine you're selling your v2 and mod sbm-1 for a mini me is it? It'll be great to have a 140>mme source running around unless yer switching mics, then I disown you

jpschust:
and if he switches those mics ill buy em :-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version