Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Tape racks?  (Read 1789 times)

Offline Candace

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • I'm a llama!
Tape racks?
« on: March 22, 2021, 10:16:26 PM »
Anybody know of any place still selling DAT tape racks? If not, any suggestions for DAT tape storage?

Offline rocksuitcase

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • RockSuitcase: stage photography
Re: Tape racks?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2021, 10:33:27 AM »
This is not a true answer to your question. Long ago I read an article about tape storage which said not to keep them in wood which attracts moisture. OF course, for 25-30 years all the tapes were kept in old wooden pants dressers. So after reading that I moved the masters and all the DAT's to these very old steel filing cabinets I inherited from my Grandpa. I figured they would block stray RFI etc.

FROM:  http://www.iowaconserveandpreserve.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/AudioTipSheet.pdf    [pdf warning]

Keep your audio cassette collection in a cool, dry, dust-free environment with no moisture. Store away from direct sunlight and fluorescent light. Do not store near combustibles like wood or cardboard. Avoid subjecting tapes to rapid temperature changes

For the expensive Pro solution:
https://www.tape4backup.com/data-tapes/tape-storage-cases

music IS love

When you get confused, listen to the music play!

Mics:         AKG460|CK61|CK1|CK3|CK8|Beyer M 201E|DPA 4060 SK
Recorders:Marantz PMD661 OADE Concert mod; Tascam DR680 MKI x2; Sony PCM-M10

Offline ero3030

• Trade Count: (59)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2021, 04:42:34 PM »
Anybody know of any place still selling DAT tape racks? If not, any suggestions for DAT tape storage?
If u have a boat load, check with your local library and see if they have any old card catalogs yet.  Perfect for cassettes (3x5) index card size, but works great for dats.  Mine even has slide outs to write on. I'm sure all have converted to digital,  but worth a shot.  Mine is a part of the family now!lol
Remember the dewy decimal system? ??  Ed
needin some fishhead music!

" known for f**king up a good weekend on a Thursday nite "

Offline tim in jersey

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2021, 01:35:59 AM »
If u have a boat load, check with your local library and see if they have any old card catalogs yet.  Perfect for cassettes (3x5) index card size, but works great for dats.  Mine even has slide outs to write on. I'm sure all have converted to digital,  but worth a shot.  Mine is a part of the family now!lol
Remember the dewy decimal system? ??  Ed

Totally remember the DD system, buddy. Used to look up Tolkien (the 800's if memory serves) and just get lost.

My mom likes to tell the tale of how engrossed I got in a book when I was about 11 or 12 that I didn't even notice the library had closed.

Guess I was a taper-in-training even back then. After the lights went out I whipped out my Radio Shack AAA pen light and kept on reading...  :lol:

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.061 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com