Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Does anyone here use miniDSP?  (Read 3780 times)

Offline heathen

• Trade Count: (23)
  • Needs to get out more...
Does anyone here use miniDSP?
« on: January 29, 2019, 02:20:38 PM »
I'm on the verge of pulling the trigger on a miniDSP unit, but I'm curious if anyone here has any experiences with them.  My current playback system looks like this:

Philharmonic BMR Philharmonitor speakers
Rythmik F12G subwoofer
Parasound P6 preamp
PS Audio M700 power amps

Because my preamp and power amps can use balanced cables, that's what I use.  Also I'm thinking of the miniDSP Balanced 2x4 so that I can keep using the balanced connections.

Anyway, I'm curious if anyone has any thoughts about miniDSP in general, or the balanced 2x4 unit in particular.
Mics: AT4050ST | AT4031 | AT853 (C/SC) | Line Audio CM3 | Sennheiser e614 | Sennheiser MKE2 | DPA 4061 Pre: CA9200 Decks: Zoom F8 | Roland R-05

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (15)
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
Re: Does anyone here use miniDSP?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2019, 02:38:26 PM »
I've not used the miniDSP units myself but have followed their development, am intrigued by them, and have a few back-burner projects for which I expect they may be applicable.  I'm posting primarily to follow the thread.
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline dyneq

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2019, 03:52:48 PM »
I don't because my amp for my subs has DSP built in and my receiver takes care of the rest (Audyssey). I use my measurement mic to tame low frequency bumps with the sub amp first, then use Audyssey after that.

That said, I know that many people are really happy with miniDSP (check AVSForum). If my setup changes, I would definitely grab one. Do you already have a measurement mic? Recommend the ones that come with a calibration file.

Offline heathen

• Trade Count: (23)
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2019, 04:11:17 PM »
Do you already have a measurement mic? Recommend the ones that come with a calibration file.

I don't, and I was thinking of getting the UMIK-1 from miniDSP.  Is that the one you're referring to?
Mics: AT4050ST | AT4031 | AT853 (C/SC) | Line Audio CM3 | Sennheiser e614 | Sennheiser MKE2 | DPA 4061 Pre: CA9200 Decks: Zoom F8 | Roland R-05

Offline dyneq

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2019, 05:06:15 PM »
That's the one. I forgot that it was a miniDSP. I use REW for sweeps/analysis.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.066 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com