Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Sony PCM-M10 battery box issue  (Read 2697 times)

Offline vanillablue

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Sony PCM-M10 battery box issue
« on: October 06, 2019, 07:39:30 PM »
Hi, first time poster here. I run Sound Professionals SP-CMC-2 mics into a Sony PCM-M10 via a Sound Professionals SP-SPSB-11 battery box. This has been a nice rig for stealth taping for several years.
Here's my problem: when I connect the battery box, there are no recording levels. I've checked the PCM-M10's settings and made sure I had plug-in power "off", but still nothing. This occurs whether the battery box is connected to line-in or the microphone input. I thought the SPSB-11 might be the problem, so I swapped it out for a new one - but nothing changed.
The mics aren't the problem, because I can get good levels by plugging the mics directly into the recorder. That's been okay for quieter shows, but I doubt it'll work for louder shows.
Any idea what could be causing this problem? Thanks.

Offline adrianb

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: Sony PCM-M10 battery box issue
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2019, 03:11:54 AM »
If everything works okay when the mics are directly plugged into the M10 then I have to think it's the battery box that's faulty, even both of them.

Have you tried it in the line-in ?
Mics: Sennheiser MKH 8040, Sennheiser MKH 8020, AT BP4025, AT 853 cards, CA CAFS, CA 14 Omnis, CA 11 (Cards + Omnis), Soundman OKM II Classic
Battery Boxes: Sony XLR-1, CA 9200 Preamp, CA Ugly 2 Preamp, CA Ugly BB, Shure FP24
Recorders: Sound Devices MP3, Sony PCM-D100, Sony PCM-D50, Sony PCM-M10, Sony PCM-D10, Roland R-07, Tascam iXJ2

Offline dogmusic

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: Sony PCM-M10 battery box issue
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2019, 06:33:38 AM »
This occurs whether the battery box is connected to line-in or the microphone input.
"The ear is much more than a mere appendage on the side of the head." - Catherine Parker Anthony, Structure and Function of the Human Body (1972)

"That's metaphysically absurd, man! How can I know what you hear?" - Firesign Theatre

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.342 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com