Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Audio Technica A700 headphones  (Read 3474 times)

Offline spyder9

• Trade Count: (82)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "Are you Zman?"
    • My Archived shows
Audio Technica A700 headphones
« on: January 17, 2010, 10:10:51 PM »
Just picked up a pair this week.  I like what I'm hearing.  Anybody else running AT phones?

Offline jlykos

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Don't sweat the technique
Re: Audio Technica A700 headphones
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 02:18:36 PM »
I have the ATH-M50 headphones and like them a lot.  The midbass is a bit pronounced, but otherwise they are great.  I prefer them to the Sony 7506.
dpa 4061 > Church Audio 9200 > Sony PCM-D50 (Moon Audio Silver Dragon v3 interconnect)

"I have no views," Mickey Melchiondo, known as Dean Ween, said in a philosophical moment. "I am way too stupid. I have no strong feelings about anything. I'm really into television and the computer. I believe everything I see on TV and read on the Internet."

Offline page

• Trade Count: (25)
  • #TeamRetired
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 02:25:07 PM »
Just picked up a pair this week.  I like what I'm hearing.  Anybody else running AT phones?

What model? There are lots of AT 700s. (the AD, A, and some others). I tried the ATH-AD700s once and found them to be bright compared to what I thought reality was.

I have the ATH-M50 headphones and like them a lot.  The midbass is a bit pronounced, but otherwise they are great.  I prefer them to the Sony 7506.

I'm going to try the M50s at the NoVA headphone meet in March. Some guy said he was going to bring a set.
"This is a common practice we have on the bus; debating facts that we could easily find through printed material. It's like, how far is it today? I think it's four hours, and someone else comes in at 11 hours, and well, then we'll... just... talk about it..." - Jeb Puryear

"Nostalgia ain't what it used to be." - Jim Williams

Offline spyder9

• "Are you Zman?"
    • My Archived shows
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2010, 03:35:16 PM »
I have the A700, closed version.  Burning in right now.  Extremely comfortable.  These will end up being my listening phones.  I'm thinking of later picking up a set of M50's for mixing my shows.  I heard good things about them too.  AT really makes underrated sounding phones.  I quite surprised by the set I have and very happy with my purchase.  I never liked the 7506's.  Too bright.  I returned them.   

Offline page

• Trade Count: (25)
  • #TeamRetired
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2010, 04:16:21 PM »
I have the A700, closed version.

Very cool, I've never heard those. Thanks for the clarification.
"This is a common practice we have on the bus; debating facts that we could easily find through printed material. It's like, how far is it today? I think it's four hours, and someone else comes in at 11 hours, and well, then we'll... just... talk about it..." - Jeb Puryear

"Nostalgia ain't what it used to be." - Jim Williams

Offline kbergend

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2010, 10:52:49 PM »
Been using a pair of ATH-PRO700 for a couple of years now.  Accurate, comfortable, fold up compact, and very durable -- no complaints!
Keith from NY

Gefell M200/210, AKG 481/2/3, Milab DC-196 and VM-44 Link
Darktrain cables
Grace Lunatec V3, RME Fireface UFX
Tascam DR-680, Oade Concert R-44, Oade Concert PMD661, JoeCo BlackBox

Offline rastasean

• in paradise
  • Trade Count: (23)
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2010, 03:04:03 PM »
I have the A700, closed version.  Burning in right now.  Extremely comfortable.  These will end up being my listening phones.  I'm thinking of later picking up a set of M50's for mixing my shows.  I heard good things about them too.  AT really makes underrated sounding phones.  I quite surprised by the set I have and very happy with my purchase.  I never liked the 7506's.  Too bright.  I returned them.   

thats a really good thing because it means not as expensive as AKG!

I got the m50s waiting at home for me!
Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it’s worth.

Offline spyder9

• "Are you Zman?"
    • My Archived shows
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2010, 01:55:53 AM »
I've had the M50's for 3 weeks now and I have to say I'm impressed.  Little light in the bass department.  And the A700's beat them in overall listening.  But they shine best when mixing/editing.  Smoke the 7506's by a mile.  My 2 cents.

Offline Chad817

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2010, 11:51:43 PM »
I've been breaking in a pair of ad700's recently.  As mentioned before they are a bit bright, but I love the soundstage on these things.  They're also extremely comfortable over long sessions, even if they won't win any fashion awards.
studio projects c4 > edirol ua-5 [digi mod] > Microtrack II

laying around: sp cmc-4, power supply and jb3

Offline exileded

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2010, 07:54:10 AM »
I got a pair of the ATH AD700's a couple of days ago and am loving the soundstage so far. I've been going back to a lot of my recordings and picking up alot I missed with my old headphones. I would agree they are a little brighter than what I'm used to but Im really enjoying them so far!

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.053 seconds with 35 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com