Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: MG N-Box signup thread  (Read 22652 times)

Offline it-goes-to-eleven

• Trade Count: (58)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: MG N-Box signup thread
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2010, 12:47:29 PM »
I want mine vajazzled in swarovski crystals.

Offline Myco

• Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2010, 02:38:48 PM »
I want go-go gadget utilities built in like Inspector Gadget. Maybe like a grappling hook to reach up to those balconies where I couldn't get a seat, or expandable legs or something.  ;D
Microtech Gefell M200: M20/M21/M27 caps> Bumblebee MiAGi-II/Darktrain silver cable's/"Chuck" Belden cables> Aerco MP-2 or Busman modded DR-680 pre-amps> Darktrain cables & interconnects> Tascam DR-680 (Busman mod)
AT853's(card's/hyper's)>AT8533x>Aerco MP-2>Sony M10

Offline Scooter123

• "I am not an alcoholic. I am a drunk. Drunks don't go to meetings."
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2010, 11:03:18 AM »
I want mine made out of real corinthian leather.
Regards,
Scooter123

mk41 > N Box  > Sony M-10
mk4 > N Box > Sony M-10

Offline dactylus

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (62)
  • Maplewood, MN
« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2010, 11:05:37 AM »

I just want mine in hand...

;)

hot licks > microphones > recorder

...ball of confusion, that's what the world is today, hey hey...

Offline Myco

« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2010, 01:05:35 PM »
J.D. is the main contact on this guys. I don't think we are close yet to getting these done, but it is being discussed.
Microtech Gefell M200: M20/M21/M27 caps> Bumblebee MiAGi-II/Darktrain silver cable's/"Chuck" Belden cables> Aerco MP-2 or Busman modded DR-680 pre-amps> Darktrain cables & interconnects> Tascam DR-680 (Busman mod)

Offline jlykos

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Don't sweat the technique
« Reply #50 on: June 18, 2010, 03:43:30 PM »
J.D. is the main contact on this guys. I don't think we are close yet to getting these done, but it is being discussed.

Good, thanks for the update.  I was wondering whether to get the yellow or white gold bookshelves for my gold house.  I will hold off on the purchase until I can get a look at the shade of my gold MG NBox.
dpa 4061 > Church Audio 9200 > Sony PCM-D50 (Moon Audio Silver Dragon v3 interconnect)

"I have no views," Mickey Melchiondo, known as Dean Ween, said in a philosophical moment. "I am way too stupid. I have no strong feelings about anything. I'm really into television and the computer. I believe everything I see on TV and read on the Internet."

Offline Myco

« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2010, 10:42:52 AM »

Good, thanks for the update.  I was wondering whether to get the yellow or white gold bookshelves for my gold house.  I will hold off on the purchase until I can get a look at the shade of my gold MG NBox.

Go for the yellow gold to accentuate your "bling" factor. Homies don't do white gold.  ;)

Offline page

• Trade Count: (25)
  • #TeamRetired
« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2010, 12:15:44 PM »
just a FYI for those looking to build one of these boxes.

I used to own a JK Labs ECMS-23 for the MGs and I remember a conversation Jon and I had with regards to the cables/caps.
at some point in production of the caps, MG changed the length of the center pin on the caps that plugs into the bodies. I do not remember what serial # range the change occurred at but you need to be careful if you have m20, m21, etc to make sure the pin is the same length (or the active cable has play in the connection to accommodate slightly different length pins).
what Jon told me was pretty much of your caps are relatively close to each other serial # wise you should be fine interchanging the caps on the active cables but if there was a wide difference in serial #s to closely compare the caps to see if 1 pin stuck out further than the other.

if I remember correctly the difference in length was maybe 1mm or so but I can not vouch exactly for that #...

Didn't he also make a version of his box that was powered off of incoming P48 (so it didn't require any batteries in the box itself) or was that just for one of the other mic sets?

Every now and then I get the hankering to pick up a set of MGs. Every now and then....
"This is a common practice we have on the bus; debating facts that we could easily find through printed material. It's like, how far is it today? I think it's four hours, and someone else comes in at 11 hours, and well, then we'll... just... talk about it..." - Jeb Puryear

"Nostalgia ain't what it used to be." - Jim Williams

Offline dactylus

• Site Supporter
  • Maplewood, MN
« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2010, 12:51:12 PM »

Every now and then I get the hankering to pick up a set of MGs. Every now and then....

^
I can't imagine you having any regrets in fulfilling that hankering.

;)

Offline page

• Trade Count: (25)
  • #TeamRetired
« Reply #54 on: June 20, 2010, 02:55:37 PM »

^
I can't imagine you having any regrets in fulfilling that hankering.

;)

Other then my wallet.  :P

I'd have to borrow a pair for a bit before dropping the beyers. We'll see, all in good time.
"This is a common practice we have on the bus; debating facts that we could easily find through printed material. It's like, how far is it today? I think it's four hours, and someone else comes in at 11 hours, and well, then we'll... just... talk about it..." - Jeb Puryear

"Nostalgia ain't what it used to be." - Jim Williams

Offline dactylus

• Site Supporter
  • Maplewood, MN
« Reply #55 on: July 20, 2010, 09:45:41 AM »

^^^ July MG N-Box bump ^^^

;)

Offline Myco

« Reply #56 on: July 20, 2010, 10:29:05 AM »
I sent an email to Jamie looking for an update, but I haven't heard anything from him since mid-June.

Offline bhadella

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Toiling away the day...
    • http://db.etree.org/bhadella1
« Reply #57 on: September 07, 2010, 10:37:31 AM »
It's getting close to my birthday.   Daddy wants a gefell nbox!!!
"Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter. "

Offline Myco

« Reply #58 on: September 07, 2010, 10:54:41 AM »
Don't think this is going to happen. I spoke with Jamie and he said that it would take more effort to make these than their is interest in having them made.  :-[
We only had a few people who were definite in wanting these and to have the electronics set up and have the boxes machined it would have been too cost prohibitive.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 12:29:30 PM by Myco »

Offline dactylus

• Site Supporter
  • Maplewood, MN
« Reply #59 on: September 07, 2010, 12:09:25 PM »
Don't think this is going to happen. I spoke with Jamie and he said that it would take more effort to make these than their is interest in having them made.  :-[
We only had a few people who were definite in wanting these and to have the electronics set up and have the boxes machined it would have been too cost prohibitory.

Nuts!!

I wonder if Jon at Naiant would be interested in tackling this once he investigates the AKG actives project?

...damn, damn, damn...

:P

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.1 seconds with 44 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com