Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Best preamp?  (Read 13047 times)

cpclark

• Trade Count: (0)
Re:Best preamp?
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2003, 03:33:24 PM »
go with the ad-20, ive made smokin tapes with c1000's and a much more expensive mic the audio technica 4051's, i think the stock ua-5 sound is a bit dry, go with the ad-20 and you wont be dissapointed, also a very small footprint and no cable issues and problems that are associated with the ua-5, i.e. xlr-ins on the front, seperate gain control for analog ins on the back, just can become a mess in your bag, food for though, .02

So, are you saying that your c1000 tapes smoke your more expensive AT4051s?

Personally, I think that front xlr inputs are the shit.  Much more practical for use in the field.  The m148 is the perfect example.  It sets perfectly in the bag with no mess.

im not saying that my c1000's come even close to my audio technica at4051's, im just saying that for the price, the ad-20 is solid and ive made good tapes with both in different siturations, venues, etc..., these two sets of mics are very different and the tapes have there own special qualities, i was just impressed with what the ad-20 can do for you for only around 300 bucks, people like to point out flaws in everything, while i am about pointing out the positives as thats what im all about.
-chris

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.046 seconds with 24 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com