Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Neumann Lemo question  (Read 1667 times)

Offline dmonkey

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Neumann Lemo question
« on: October 10, 2009, 01:56:32 PM »
OK, this topic never ceases to confuse me, probably because I haven't set eyes on a Neumann Lemo system before...

My LC3 screws onto my AK40 and KM100. For convenience, I'd love to have the Lemo connectors (for quick disconnect). Is this all I would need:

http://www.fullcompass.com/product/271208.html

My interpretation of the product in the link above is that it screws onto the AK40 then has an adapter that screws onto the KM100 with a Lemo receiver. Is this correct? How much length does the Lemo adapter add to the KM100?

Thanks in advance!
MK4's, KM140's or MC930's >  Tinybox or Aerco MP-2 > R-09, M-10, R-44 (Oade CM) or MixPre-6

Offline goodcooker

• Trade Count: (43)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • goes to 11
Re: Neumann Lemo question
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2009, 02:14:39 PM »
I think there is more than one kind of KA100 adaptor. The one listed at Full Compass is a cable and the ones I have for sale here are an adaptor that screws onto the body and adds just over one inch in length to the body.

http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=127377.0
Line Audio CM3/OM1 || MBHO KA500 hyper>PFA|| ADK A51 type IV || AKG C522XY
Oade Warm Mod and Presence+ Mod UA5s || Aerco MP2(needs help) || Neve Portico 5012 || Apogee MMP
SD Mixpre6 || Oade Concert Mod DR100mkii

pocket sized - CA11 cards > SP SB10 > Sony PCM A10

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/goodcooker

"Are you the Zman?" - fan at Panic 10-08-10 Kansas City
"I don't know who left this perfectly good inflatable wook doll here, but if I'm blowing her up, I'm keeping her." -  hoppedup

Offline John Willett

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Bio:
    • Sound-Link ProAudio
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2009, 02:33:02 AM »
This adaptor is the old system - Neumann changed this many years ago and the adaptor is now hard-wired to the cable.

The current lead is THIS - the pictures in the earlier posts are of the old system (although Neumann still do the bits for old systems).

Offline DSatz

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (35)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2009, 06:54:22 PM »
As a direct answer: The KA 100 adaptor adds almost exactly 1 inch to the length of the KM 100 amplifier (body). The Lemo connector of the extension cable is about 2" long, and the cable itself comes out of that, so you'll need slightly more than 3" clearance beyond the tip of the body--see the attached photo.

But as John said this is the older version of Neumann's extension cable arrangement. Since it doesn't have a Lemo plug, it requires less space at the input to the microphone body. I wouldn't be surprised if the newer type of unitary extension cable also offered somewhat better protection from radio frequency interference.

--best regards
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 11:27:11 PM by DSatz »
music > microphones > a recorder of some sort

Offline dmonkey

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2009, 11:29:56 PM »
Thanks for the info everyone. I guess this isn't something I should pursue, then. Oh well...   ;D
MK4's, KM140's or MC930's >  Tinybox or Aerco MP-2 > R-09, M-10, R-44 (Oade CM) or MixPre-6

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.052 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com