Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Need a favor from someone with both AT853 cap versions...  (Read 1814 times)

Offline (Evan)

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
Need a favor from someone with both AT853 cap versions...
« on: April 07, 2009, 08:08:03 PM »
I was wondering if someone who owns both cardioid AT853 and the newer U853 caps could do me a favor.

I'd really like it if someone could make a short recording in a quiet room using the AT853 cap on one mic, and the U853 cap on the other. Maybe a little light music as well but nothing loud...and just recording in as quiet room as possible..doesn't have to be a sound studio or anything.

If anyone could do this, could you please send send me the recording, or post it here without any EQ or amplification to the track?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 10:35:53 PM by (Evan) »

Offline SmokinJoe

• Trade Count: (63)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "75 and sunny"... life is so much simpler.
    • uploads to archive.org
Re: Need a favor from someone with both AT853 cap versions...
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2009, 10:51:02 PM »
Are you the guy who bought my U853 caps recently?  I don't remember who I sold them to.  At any rate... I did that before I sold them to someone recently.  I don't know if I still have the on my computer or not (I'm not home).  What I did for a recording was hold them both about 3" from a boombox speaker... not really loud, but enough so they were both getting the same sample.

The result was this... My pair of U853 caps matched each other closely, my AT853 caps match each other closely, but the U853 caps and the AT853 caps didn't match each other in sensitivity... one was more sensitive than the other by quite a bit... like 6db or more, but I don't remember which was which.  Once I did a "normalize both sides to -3db" in audacity, they didn't sound drastically different...  If you are looking for how much "hiss" was in the background... I don't remember there being a difference.

I'll try to remember to look on my computer when I get home, but I think I just dumped them the other day when I was doing to some routine cleanup.
Mics: Schoeps MK4 & CMC5's / Gefell M200's & M210's / ADK-TL / DPA4061's
Pres: V3 / ST9100
Decks: Oade Concert Mod R4Pro / R09 / R05
Photo: Nikon D700's, 2.8 Zooms, and Zeiss primes
Playback: Raspberry Pi > Modi2 Uber > Magni2 > HD650

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.073 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com