Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Denecke PS-2 Not Working  (Read 2430 times)

Offline tfrench

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • My Music Trading List
Denecke PS-2 Not Working
« on: March 08, 2006, 11:48:19 AM »
I've got a PS-2 that looks to be dead.  I was attempting to hook up my PS-2 & AD20 via an exteral battery power solution (9V/5400MAh).  I think that the F plug in to the PS-2  was reversed and fried something on the board.  I saw a quick poof of white smoke and that's all she wrote.  Constant red light on the PS-2 and getting no signal now.
-
9V/5400mAh battery -> Adaptaplug B -> 6 Ft. Adaptaplug Extension Cable -> 6-Inch Adaptaplug Y-Cable Extension -> Adaptaplug F (off each of the Y-Cable Extensions) -> 1 Adaptaplug F to the PS-2 and 1 Adaptaplug F to the AD-20
-
Anyone around here look at and possibly repair this?

Todd
I'm a taper,one of the most well adapted and well prepared species known to exist on the planet,even the boy scouts ain't got shit on us....Mark S.

Recording Gear:
AKG 460b (ck63, ck1 or mk46/ck1x/ck3x) > FR2-LE (24/48)

ISO: AKG ck2x, CK22, CK2, CK3

Offline JasonR

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Schoepsoholic
Re: Denecke PS-2 Not Working
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2006, 12:09:30 PM »
May as well find out how much Denecke would charge to put the smoke back inside.  Glancing at their website, it looks like it could get costly.
http://www.denecke.com/serv01.htm

Maybe also try Bill at Cinemasonics:
732-571-3935

- Jason
Schoeps MK21,MK4,MK41,MK41V,MK8 > CMC5/Naiant Tinybox/PFAs > Sound Devices 744T, Sony PCM-M10
DPA 4060 (CS HEB) > SD 744T, M10

Offline Massive Dynamic

• Trade Count: (21)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • 20 years of the best in apocalyptic gothic metal
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2006, 12:51:37 PM »
I've also read in other posts here on the board that there is a fuse that will blow if you have the power connected when you insert an external power plug. I've always inserted the plug, then connected the batt pack on the other end. Might just be a fuse.
Naiant X-X > SP-SPSB-1 > M10
Superlux S502 > Denecke PS-2 > Hosa MIT-435 > M10

Offline Krispy D

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • my recordings on LMA
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2006, 12:54:52 PM »
I've also read in other posts here on the board that there is a fuse that will blow if you have the power connected when you insert an external power plug. I've always inserted the plug, then connected the batt pack on the other end. Might just be a fuse.

wishfull thinking I think.  fuses usually don't go up in smoke in my experience.
Peluso CEMC6, ck4/ck21
Oktava MC012
Sony ECM260f
AT 811

canare star quads
DIY mil spec silvers

DIY (W-ish) mod UA5>JB3
Oade ACM PMD 660
R4

You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong. You cannot help the wage-earner by pulling down the wage-payer. You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves.
~Rev. William J. H. Boetcker (not Lincoln)

Offline keepongoin

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2006, 01:25:22 PM »
not a fuse, for sure... i did the same thing, reversed the adaptaplug tip on my battery cable... shitty that it doesn't work at all... mine took it from 48v down to 30v output... still gets signal, but not as strong..... i bought a V3 to replace that whole setup.
“When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross.” Sinclair Lewis: How Fascism Will Come To America (1935)

"Science is facts; just as houses are made of stones, so is science made of facts; but a pile of stones is not a house and a collection of facts is not necessarily science."- Henri Poincare

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/pierce

Offline keepongoin

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2006, 01:30:27 PM »
May as well find out how much Denecke would charge to put the smoke back inside.  Glancing at their website, it looks like it could get costly.
http://www.denecke.com/serv01.htm

Maybe also try Bill at Cinemasonics:
732-571-3935

- Jason

i agree, kind of pricey...

at 95/hour with 1 hr minimum, i would think that buying a brand new one from Lentini communications for 135 bucks would be a better option.

http://www.lentinicommunications.com/items/item288.htm
« Last Edit: March 08, 2006, 04:12:10 PM by Andrew Pierce »
“When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross.” Sinclair Lewis: How Fascism Will Come To America (1935)

"Science is facts; just as houses are made of stones, so is science made of facts; but a pile of stones is not a house and a collection of facts is not necessarily science."- Henri Poincare

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/pierce

Offline tfrench

• Taperssection All-Star
    • My Music Trading List
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2006, 02:01:39 PM »
Yeah, I've got a ISO in the yard sale now.  Got a guy out of CA wanting to off load one for a decent price.  I've still got this one if anyone works / repairs gear let me know.

Todd
I'm a taper,one of the most well adapted and well prepared species known to exist on the planet,even the boy scouts ain't got shit on us....Mark S.

Recording Gear:
AKG 460b (ck63, ck1 or mk46/ck1x/ck3x) > FR2-LE (24/48)

ISO: AKG ck2x, CK22, CK2, CK3

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.058 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com