Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Denecke AD20  (Read 2576 times)

Offline perik

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Denecke AD20
« on: August 24, 2006, 12:59:03 PM »
Hi!

I´m going to use my Iriver H120 for recording sounds in different atmospheres, sometimes very quiet sounds (if u excuse the expression, dont think its correct english)

I think I might have to use an preamp and have been looking some on the Denecke AD20. Has anyone got any experience with that one? How is the sound A/D converters, are there phantompower, and most important of all, HOW POWERFUL IS IT?? Will it be enought to amplify my H120?

Thanks for your reply

Perik

stirinthesauce

Re: Denecke AD20
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2006, 01:17:02 PM »
ad-20 does not supply phantom power.  You will need a phantom power solution in front like a denecke ps-2 or Art II phantom pack.  As for the sound and specs for the ad-20, everyone will have different opinions.  Some like it, some hate it, some think it is so so.  Go to www.archive.org and then to the live music archive, do a search with ad-20 as search word and listen to as many mic, ad-20 combos as you can to see if you like it.  You can also do a search on this board (use the search function at the top  ;)  ) and read others experiences/thoughts on this.  Lots of information hear, just have to search and read, read, read.

Offline perik

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2006, 02:14:34 PM »
ok, thanks for your reply.

but would it be enough for amplify my Iriver or will I need something more powerful?

How powerfull is the Denecke AD20, in case of the signal?

stirinthesauce

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2006, 02:20:43 PM »
a really quick yahoo search for denecke ad-20 directed me to their home page.  I clicked on products, then on ad-20, and gave me this.. http://www.denecke.com/prod04.htm#AD20

Just for future reference, search engines are great for directing you to specific product specifications  ;)

Offline willndmb

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2006, 02:41:10 PM »
ok, thanks for your reply.

but would it be enough for amplify my Iriver or will I need something more powerful?

How powerfull is the Denecke AD20, in case of the signal?
the ad-20 alone will give you huge amounts of gain, which is what you are looking for
as stated though it does not give phantom power so depending on the mics you use you will need a ps2 or art II
but to answer your question, yes the ad20 will give you all you need in boosting the signal volume
here is one in the yard too you might not know about
http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=69372.0
« Last Edit: August 24, 2006, 11:30:45 PM by willndmb »
Mics - AKG ck61/ck63 (c480b & Naiant actives), SP-BMC-2
XLR Cables - Silver Path w/Darktrain stubbies
Interconnect Cables - Dogstar (XLR), Darktrain (RCA > 1/8) (1/8 > 1/8), and Kind Kables (1/8f > 1/4)
Preamps - Naiant Littlebox & Tinybox
Recorders - PCM-M10 & DR-60D

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.046 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com