Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Creative Audigy 2 ZS - Help :'(  (Read 1220 times)

Offline SonicSound

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Creative Audigy 2 ZS - Help :'(
« on: February 27, 2005, 11:31:50 AM »
Just purchased the Creative Audigy 2 ZS pcmi card and can not get it to work.  I have tried using it with Wavelab 4 and 5 and also the Creative wave program.  My computer is a sony vaio PCG-TR3A and I am running XP.  Any help (links or suggestions) would very much appreciated. 
SD: Schoeps  M222/NT222's & CMC6's - MK 41V's, 21's, 5's, 8's
LD: Microtech Gefell UM900's, Shure KSM44's
V3, 744t

Offline chase

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
    • Etree List
Re: Creative Audigy 2 ZS - Help :'(
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2005, 12:59:57 PM »
1. is it listed in the device manager?  this will tell you if it is even plugged in properly.

2. if it is listed in the device manager, have you installed the correct drivers?  it will have a yellow question mark next to it if the drivers are not installed.

3. if you answered yes to the first two, you might have to change some settings so that it is the default card to be used for your audio editing applications.

Offline Craig T

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • LMA
Re: Creative Audigy 2 ZS - Help :'(
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2005, 04:09:03 PM »
You're not alone, Jon Merin had problems, too.  Works fine on my Fujitsu Lifebook - installed drivers and it was ready to go.  Are you trying to use the ASIO driver in Wave Lab?  If so, try the WDM.  I think there is a bug in Wave Lab 5 that causes problems when using ASIO - I think there's a fix for it, but I haven't looked for it.

The problem I have is that I don't think its "bit-perfect".  I've only run one test and it failed.  Right after I got the Audigy card I got my PDAudio rig working so it was a moot point because I don't record on my laptop anymore.  I still use it for headphone playback - sounds real nice for 24bit, supports 96k (VxPocket doesn't), and is very compact compared to using one of the external boxes.
Schoeps cmc6/4v / Beyer mc950 / Line Audio CM3, OM1 / ADK A51 / Church Audio CA-14
Naiant Tinybox v2.2 / NBox(P) / Church Audio ST9200 / CA-UGLY
Sony PCM-M10 / Zoom F3 / Zoom F6

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.055 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com