Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: program to boost vocals?  (Read 1223 times)

Offline phishyphishphan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
program to boost vocals?
« on: October 02, 2005, 07:04:16 PM »
hey I have been taping a local band.  All the instruments come out fine on the recording but the vocals are always muffled and either to low or to high.  is there any program that will help me with this or any technique I can use to help me?  Thanks.

Offline Evil Taper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Going pro...no time for taping now
Re: program to boost vocals?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2005, 03:18:52 AM »
More info is needed here buddy.  Are you doing audience or soundboard recordings?  What is the rig you are recording with.  Do the vocals not sound how they sounded in the room at the time of recording.

To answer your question, no, there's not a program that will seperate vocals from instruments.  Vocals share frequencies with instruments, normally mid-high range, so you can do a bit of EQ to try to boost the vocals.  In reality you're going to be boosting any guitar, organ, toms, cymballs, high end bass, along with the vocals so it will more than likely result is a very unrealistic and strange recording.  You would be better off trying to catch more vocals next time you tape them by pointing your mics almost directly toward the speaker stacks or more toward the vocal monitors if it's a small band.  I'm sure other folks have a couple ideas so good luck.
Really not very evil at all now...

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.11 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com