Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Korg MR-1000  (Read 82057 times)

Offline Nick's Picks

• Trade Count: (33)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I thought I heard.......
Re: Korg MR-1000
« Reply #165 on: August 13, 2007, 07:25:40 AM »
sheesh...thats flashy!
fwiw..., never a glitch w/my MR1

Offline carlbeck

• Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #166 on: August 13, 2007, 07:58:28 AM »
Not a glitch yet on my MR-1000 either
I know you like, tape for people's approval and stuff, and wave your tapes around like they're your dick...  but even you can't actually think section tapes from philips sound good.  

Mics: Telefunken Elam 260, 61, 62, MBHO KA200, KA500 > Niant PFA's, AKG C34L-MS
Preamps: Grace Lunatec V2, Shure FP24
Decks: Tascam DR-2d, Zoom F8

Old rig: Recording: AKG C34 & AKG CK1X or CK2X > MK46 > 460 > Aeta Mix2000 > Sound Devices 702

Playback: Thorens TD125, Denon DVD-2900> Bel Canto DAC-1 > Audible Illusions 3B > Rogue Atlas >ZU Wax Shotgun> Hyperion 938
ALL TUBES BABY!!!

Offline boyacrobat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #167 on: August 13, 2007, 08:18:20 AM »
had my first glitch with the mr1 last night.
sharp pitch sound from hell overtook the music 15 after playing dsd file.
could not power down or access menu, disconnected from mains & let unit drain .
6 hrs later power unit  up , checked to see i had 188 mb free only, transfered data to free hard drive
all appears normal, no data loss, menu access the lot.
running current firmware & no drops or bangs to unit,
was in case when happened, not hot

i hope it was due to near full hard drive, dont know.
i will not be leaving it that full ever again.
i was not impressed at all with me leaving fuck all room on the drive.
what else could it be  ?

g

Offline carlbeck

« Reply #168 on: August 13, 2007, 08:53:21 AM »
I always clear & reformat my drive before every show, it helps for sure.
I know you like, tape for people's approval and stuff, and wave your tapes around like they're your dick...  but even you can't actually think section tapes from philips sound good.  

Old rig: Recording: AKG C34 & AKG CK1X or CK2X > MK46 > 460 > Aeta Mix2000 > Sound Devices 702

Playback: Thorens TD125, Denon DVD-2900> Bel Canto DAC-1 > Audible Illusions 3B > Rogue Atlas >ZU Wax Shotgun> Hyperion 938
ALL TUBES BABY!!!

Offline boyacrobat

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #169 on: August 13, 2007, 10:21:05 AM »
will be doing same from now on also.
thanks

g

Offline SClassical

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #170 on: August 13, 2007, 01:53:50 PM »
It seems Sandisk has also produced a whopping 64GIG flash hard drive found at http://www.sandisk.com/OEM/ProductCatalog(1320)-SanDisk_SSD_UATA_5000_18.aspx.  Likely costs nearly as much as the deck?

A-DATA has an even more whopping SSD (128GB)...

Mics: DPA3552 kit/DPA3521 kit/DPA SMK4081 kit/DPA SMK4060 kit/Schoeps 2X MK21, 2X MK22 and 2X MK4v and 2X Schoeps CCM2S
Mixers/preamps: Sonosax SX-M32/Sonosax SX-M2 LS/Grace Design V3/DPA MMA6000/Millennia HV-32P
Recorders: SD722/PCM-D50/MT2
Playback: Grace m903 - Sennheiser HD650 / Bowers & Wilkins Nautilus 805s

Offline macr0w

• Taperssection Newbie
    • clearspotrecording
« Reply #171 on: August 16, 2007, 10:13:05 AM »
I hate to buy a new box and then need to change out the hard drive right away.

I mainly record in my basement studio but I have recently had the need/urge to go out and do a little mobile recording. I could just get a cheap bucket with s/pdif or AES and then I could just take my Rosetta 200 and my lunchbox with me.

Let me know if you think this would be a better solution for me.  ;D

Offline TNJazz

• Ninja
  • Trade Count: (44)
  • "Those who know, know."
    • NINJA DYNAMITE
« Reply #172 on: August 16, 2007, 10:20:26 AM »
Clearing and reformatting didn't help for me, carl.

Well, here's an update on my issue.  I Emailed Korg on Monday morning and explained the problem.  Before the end of the day I got a reply from an actual person via Email indicating they would call me the next day.  Lo and behold, Tuesday early afternoon I received a direct phone call from the person in question who explained what needed to be done and that Korg would be exchanging my unit for a new one so they could investigate further.  They had not heard of anyone having the "disk too busy" error on firmware 1.50 or higher, and they told me that it was likely due to a hardware problem they hadn't encountered before.  I just needed to provide a copy of the sales receipt so they could issue me the RMA.

I received a copy of the sales invoice last night from my dealer and have forwarded it to Korg.  I expect I will have some sort of response today and that a new unit will be in my hands in fairly short order.  (Until then I suppose I'll have to make do with the Sound Devices... :P)

While I'm not happy with the problem I'm having, I am more than pleased with the prompt attention I've received and the friendly service via Email and phone.  Well done, Korg!
Check out my band!  --> http://www.ninjadynamite.com

Offline macr0w

• Taperssection Newbie
    • clearspotrecording
« Reply #173 on: August 16, 2007, 10:59:56 AM »
Maybe there's hope.  ;D

Offline TNJazz

• Ninja
    • NINJA DYNAMITE
« Reply #174 on: August 16, 2007, 11:50:10 AM »
Update:  The rep verified he'd received the sales receipt and would be forwarding it on to Customer/Product Support.  Barely an hour later I get a call from a CSR who proceeds to verify my information and has promised me a call back later today with an RA number for my old unit.

Continued props for the service so far, BUT I do have a small complaint:  the CSR informed me that they cannot do exchanges without having the original unit back first, and the speed of the exchange will depend on the stock availability at the time the unit is returned.

So basically I have to send my unit back and wait for it to be received by Korg.  They will then ship me a replacement, presumably the same day they receive it.  This is not quite as appealing, as I will be without the unit for probably a week or so.  If anyone from Korg is reading this, CHANGE YOUR POLICY!  You should send a replacement out immediately without waiting for a defective unit to be returned.  This is a bit of an inconvenience for me of course.  Not the end of the world, but not exactly top notch either.

Add to that the issue of stock availability.  So if there are no "replacement" MR-1000 units at the factory when mine is received back, I will have to wait longer for my replacement until one becomes available?  CHANGE YOUR POLICY!  You should IMMEDIATELY place a stock unit on hold for me so that I am not further inconvenienced.  That's my feeling.

Still, it's been a fairly decent "ordeal" so far...we'll see what happens in the next few days.  I'll keep updating in this thread if folks are interested.

Offline Nick's Picks

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I thought I heard.......
« Reply #175 on: August 16, 2007, 12:13:12 PM »
still WAY better than any CS i've come across from a large company.

Offline sleepypedro

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #176 on: August 16, 2007, 12:19:27 PM »
So basically I have to send my unit back and wait for it to be received by Korg.  They will then ship me a replacement, presumably the same day they receive it.  This is not quite as appealing, as I will be without the unit for probably a week or so.  If anyone from Korg is reading this, CHANGE YOUR POLICY!  You should send a replacement out immediately without waiting for a defective unit to be returned.  This is a bit of an inconvenience for me of course.  Not the end of the world, but not exactly top notch either.

this is totally standard.

think of it as a business owner:  you're going to advance ship a ~ $1000 product to a stranger?  right.

Offline TNJazz

• Ninja
    • NINJA DYNAMITE
« Reply #177 on: August 16, 2007, 12:36:30 PM »

this is totally standard.

think of it as a business owner:  you're going to advance ship a ~ $1000 product to a stranger?  right.

There are actually a number of pro audio/gear companies that will do this for their customers.  Or Like Freelunch says, a credit card authorization would be all they'd need if they weren't trusting enough to do it.

Offline esteyes

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #178 on: September 19, 2007, 01:11:36 AM »
so i have my MR1k now and wondered if there were any comments on which file format made the most sense for dsd recording and subsequent movement to pcm/cd?

neil in san marcos
also, has anyone found a right angle version of the power plug used on this unit??
Neil Sturtevant
San Marcos, CA
AKG 451's + CK1/CK8/CK9
AKG 460's + CK61/CK63 or A60M + CK1/CK8/CK9  or MK46/CK1X/CK8X
Sennheiser K3U + MKE-2, ME20, ME40, ME80, ME88
Sennheiser MKH 110/2 x2 + MKH 110/1 powered via custom battbox
Busman BSC1-K1/K2/K3/K4
Shure FP33 or Sony DMX P01
Korg MR1000 or Sony M1
stealth: M1 > MKE-2/ME 20/ME40 in the hat
all cabling LINK (made in Germany) balanced or balanced miniature w/ Neutrik ends

making custom cables and serviceable (non-epoxy) ultraflush right angle cables plus other custom projects

Offline carlbeck

« Reply #179 on: September 19, 2007, 06:43:00 AM »
I have been using the WSD format & I got a right angle plug from Radio Shack that I used for my cable.

ALL TUBES BABY!!!

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.077 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com