Gear / Technical Help > Post-Processing, Computer / Streaming / Internet Devices & Related Activity

Problem with a sound file

(1/1)

John Kelly:
I have a file that I recorded last month, and I had archived it to another hard drive to clear off space from my laptop to record some more shows.  Well I'm finally getting around to tracking it and none of my audio apps will open it.  I recorded it with Spark XL 2.8, and I *think* it's in Sound Designer II format, although it may be AIFF.  I've tried opening it in Spark XL, Spark ME, Sound Studio, Peak, Quicktime....nothing works.

Anyone have any ideas?  I could zip it up and send it to someone if they want to try.

MattD:
What'd you record it in?

-Matt

John Kelly:
Recorded in Spark XL 2.8.  I'm almost positive I used Sound Designer II as the file type (sdii), because the show from the night before was recorded in that format...  

Edit - Well I found my tape backup, only problem is that it's a minidisc recorded in LP2.  I really don't want to use that as the source, but I may have to since no one else recorded it...  Anyone have any ideas???

MattD:
go to www.soundhack.com and try stripping and rewriting the header

John Kelly:
Awesome, I'll give it a try.  +T and thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version