Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: A Little Help With Wavelab Multitrack (montage)  (Read 2160 times)

Offline lds490

• Demon_In_Disguise
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Ride the llama!
    • Music List
A Little Help With Wavelab Multitrack (montage)
« on: July 19, 2005, 04:04:40 PM »
Can somebody explain how to use the montage function in Wavelab to combine pieces of more than one recording?  In other words, I have two incomplete recordings that is want to combine to get a complete copy of the show.  It is a little more complicated than just appending copy 2 to the end of copy 1 because both copies have intermittent problems throughout.  It will be a huge PITA to cut and paste together all the good pieces.  If I can synch them like I'm making a matrix, how do I select the "clips" that I want to keep and then output them as a single stereo track?  I think I can do this with Wavelab, but the program is complicated.
http://db.etree.org/lds490
Open: Studio Projects C-1s-> Mic2496 -> PDAudio-CF (IPAQ 5555) -> Addonics Pocket EX
Stealth: AT 831 -> Mic2496 -> PDAudio-CF (IPAQ 5555) -> IBM Microdrive

Offline Cooker

• Local Crew
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: A Little Help With Wavelab Multitrack (montage)
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2005, 04:30:12 PM »
i think there is a "how to make a matrix with wavelab" tutorial somewhere round here - check that out it will give you step by step instructions. kinda hard to grasp at first but now it's second nature...

Ray76

Offline lds490

• Demon_In_Disguise
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Ride the llama!
    • Music List
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2005, 05:42:14 PM »
Thanks, but this is not exactly what I am looking for.  Making a matrix is easy compared to what I am trying to do.  Its kind of hard to explain why I need to do this.  It all started with my trying to stealth using my pda rig recording to a 4GB microdrive at 24/48.  I experienced something called "buffer wrap."  All the data is there but the recording is all scrambled.  I'm trying to unscramble it.  So, I ended up with 3 stereo tracks, each is exactly the same length and some of the recording is on each.  The rest of each track is pure white noise.  I've got the three synched up like I was making a matrix, but now I'm trying to figure out how to select the clips from each track that I want to "render" and throw away the rest.

I know this can be done, but it seems like a huge pain in the ass.  From reading the help file, I think I can select "clips" from each track and then render them, but I'm not entirely clear on how to do this.  I guess I'll just fool around with Wavelab and see what I come up with.

Lesson learned:  Don't run the PDA rig with the microdrive in 24 bit.
http://db.etree.org/lds490
Open: Studio Projects C-1s-> Mic2496 -> PDAudio-CF (IPAQ 5555) -> Addonics Pocket EX
Stealth: AT 831 -> Mic2496 -> PDAudio-CF (IPAQ 5555) -> IBM Microdrive

Offline dklein

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2005, 01:39:01 PM »
Load and lineup all 3 tracks up in CEP/Audition's multitrack environment.  Then you can just delete the white noise segments on each track and when you mix down you'll get the seamless single file.
KM 184 > V2 > R4
older recording gear: UA-5  / emagic A62 / laptop / JB3 / CSB / AD20 / Sharp MT-90 / Sony MDS-JE510
Playback: Pioneer DV-578 > Lucid DA 9624 >many funny little british boxes > Linn Isobarik PMS

Offline NewHomebrew

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2005, 10:35:01 AM »
Actually what you want to do can be readily accomplished.  I have wavelab but I'm no good at multitrack mode.  For something like this I would use Sony Vegas Video.  You can line up all your tracks over each other, and then insert volume envelopes for each track.  You then select where you want to mute each track and where you want the volume at normal.  You can sculpt some nice crossfades that you'll never notice.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.124 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com