Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Need help torrenting....  (Read 1910 times)

Offline yug du nord

• ...til things never seen seem familiar…
  • Trade Count: (56)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • made with natural flavor
Need help torrenting....
« on: September 29, 2009, 03:51:18 PM »
It's been a long while since I've torrented anything and I've only done a few in the past.  So, I can not figure out how to "paste checksums here" on the upload torrent page.  I have the checksums, and everything checks out fine...  I just can't seem to past the results into the proper place.

Anyone?  Thanks.

edit:  I have both an FFP and MD5.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 06:07:04 PM by uncleyug »
.....got a blank space where my mind should be.....

Offline page

• Trade Count: (25)
  • #TeamRetired
Re: Need help torrenting....
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2009, 03:58:53 PM »
It's been a long while since I've torrented anything and I've only done a few in the past.  So, I can not figure out how to "paste checksums here" on the upload torrent page.  I have the checksums, and everything checks out fine...  I just can't seem to past the results into the proper place.

Anyone?  Thanks.

edit:  I have both an FFP and MD5.

Open the FFP file in notepad (or other generic text editor), and copy the file contents to that field on the upload page (assuming you're reffering to bt.etree).
"This is a common practice we have on the bus; debating facts that we could easily find through printed material. It's like, how far is it today? I think it's four hours, and someone else comes in at 11 hours, and well, then we'll... just... talk about it..." - Jeb Puryear

"Nostalgia ain't what it used to be." - Jim Williams

Offline yug du nord

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2009, 04:15:17 PM »
^^^Yep thanks G.......  that's the ticket!  Now, to prove my ignorance a little bit more......  do I need to download the torrent to the same folder that it originates from?  That's what I recall, but it's been over a year since I went through this process. 

Offline page

• Trade Count: (25)
  • #TeamRetired
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2009, 04:27:22 PM »
^^^Yep thanks G.......  that's the ticket!  Now, to prove my ignorance a little bit more......  do I need to download the torrent to the same folder that it originates from?  That's what I recall, but it's been over a year since I went through this process.

If it was created in C:\seeded\tapes\show2009-09-01.flac16
you can move that directory to C:\notseeded\tapes\show2009-09-01.flac16 and as long as you point the torrent to the appropriate spot when you fire it up, it will be ok.
"This is a common practice we have on the bus; debating facts that we could easily find through printed material. It's like, how far is it today? I think it's four hours, and someone else comes in at 11 hours, and well, then we'll... just... talk about it..." - Jeb Puryear

"Nostalgia ain't what it used to be." - Jim Williams

Offline yug du nord

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2009, 04:37:56 PM »
I'm good to go....  it's in the kickdown as we speak!  Thank you man....  much appreciated!!!  :)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.047 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com