Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: HELP! ISO info on various solid state 16bit or 24 bit, stealth taping devices.  (Read 1091 times)

Offline rfranzke

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
i need something for taping live loud rock bands. do i need a preamp?

i've been using something that i'm not too proud of. an old minidisc recorder and doing a line out recording into the computer to dump the audio into my harddrive.

i'd really like something 24 bit, and i'm willing to spend that kind of cash, i don't really need xlr inputs, but it's ok if it has one or two or whatever.

i need something inconspicuous. would an ipod be cool for something like this? with one of those aftermarket attachments that allows you to plug in a set of mics that allows you to have the ability to tape? i'm not talking aout the belkin voice recorder or the apple equivalent. but i heard there was something else made for taping into wav format. or aiff. or lossless m4a or something lossless. i gotta have cd quality or better. i understand that the ipod is cd quality or less (with mp3s and whatnot) .

i really need to start taping shows again, and in true lossless.

maybe the ipod isn't the way to go, but i'm just trying to think. i already have some sound pro's mics and a battery box, but i'm willing to buy new stuff if it comes down to it. i'd really like something small that would pass through a metal detector wand, maybe something that i can take the battery out of and put in a seperate pocket. i do get patted down at shows and wanded, even at small indie rock shows. it's pretty ridiculous. i'm mainly going to shows in san francisco, so it is a big city, and i guess less patting down and less wanding happens in smaller cities.

please recommend some thigns and i'll look them up.

thanks!

Offline leehookem

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • Texas Tapers
Edirol R09 or IRiver.  Lots of threads in the Recording gear forum.
www.texastapers.org

AKG c480b ck61/ck63 > Tascam DR-70D
Oade ACM Marantz PMD-671
AKG ck61/63 > NBob Actives > Naiant PFA > Tascam DR-70D
Oade ACM Marantz PMD-671
Audiophile 2496 > Mytek Stereo96 DAC > Sony MDR-7506
Dual 1229 > Marantz 2270 > Kimber Kables > Cerwin Vega VS120

Canon Rebel XSi, EF 50 mm f/1.8, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.06 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com