Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Aerco MP-2 Information > $750 new & 1 Month Lead Time  (Read 108823 times)

Offline it-goes-to-eleven

• Trade Count: (58)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Aerco MP-2 Information > $750 new & 1 Month Lead Time
« Reply #195 on: November 18, 2007, 02:38:34 PM »
Anyone found a discharge curve for those?  The ipower site appears broken. They're pretty pricey ($15 each + charger) so it would be a bummer to find out the hard way..

For the aerco, voltage will be more important than maH capacity.

Offline prof_peabody

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Team Houston
« Reply #196 on: November 18, 2007, 02:42:22 PM »
Anyone found a discharge curve for those?  The ipower site appears broken. They're pretty pricey ($15 each + charger) so it would be a bummer to find out the hard way..

For the aerco, voltage will be more important than maH capacity.

That's why I was wondering about the 9.6 V NiMH... then again some mics don't need the full 48 V phantom power (wide tolerances)

Offline spyder9

• Trade Count: (82)
  • "Are you Zman?"
    • My Archived shows
« Reply #197 on: November 18, 2007, 02:49:41 PM »
Nope.  Its the Ipower 9V Lithiums  500 mah

http://thomasdistributing.com/shop/ipower-9-volt-500mah-lithium-polymer-rechargeable-batteriesbr9v-lithium-rechargeablebrone-9v-rechargeable-battery-p-548.html?SP_id=&osCsid=t4jt3rqq91kb1ppm6rct7m0er2

Run time?  I'm assuming it's good for an opener plus main act?

I haven't used them yet.  Been using an external 9.6 RC battery.  If they are a pure 9 volt, they should do the job.

Offline prof_peabody

• Team Houston
« Reply #198 on: November 18, 2007, 02:55:02 PM »
Ah ok... Sorry, I misread you're initial post.

Offline F.O.Bean

• Team Schoeps Tapir that
  • Trade Count: (126)
  • Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #199 on: December 25, 2007, 04:07:32 AM »
What kind of runtimes do yinz get with (3) fresh 9 volt Energizer 2's or any fresh 9 volt alkalines for that matter, including cheapies ??? I am getting CRAZY runtimes with (3) fresh Energizer 9 volt Alkalines.......I have just hit the 17 hour mark running my MBHO KA500 HN Hypers on a DINa KwonBar into my MBHO 603 A active bodies into the Aerco MP-2, and then into Canare XLR>RCA Cables, and into my SD 722 Line-In and running gain on the Aerco at MAX at +50db. I am running XLR in and RCA Outs obviously.

Does that type of runtime seem normal? That seems like an awful LONG time with just 3 x 9v's. If this is normal with 3 fresh 9v's, then I'd love someone to verify that they get extended runtimes like that too with just 3 x 9v's......That would also make me feel ALOT safer come NYE when I need the Aerco to keep on running the WHOLE time both shows. I wish In would have known that it would run that long with just 3 x 9v's.....I bought 10 x Energizer 9 volt batteries, and planned on running the first 3 batts to test how long teh Aerco could/would run with 3 9v's.....I originally planned on switching the 3 batts out after the 30th, just in case the batteries were low. I DID NOT want them running out on me on NYE. Thats why I bought 3 9v's for each niote of music.

I swear I recall someone saying that they only got like 5-6 hrs MAX on a regular basis running 3 x 9 volts in this sucka ??? Guess I was wrong, because I wouldnt doubt if this thing went another 3 hrs at least and I ended up getting 20hrs from just 3 x 9v's ;D

Anyway, if anyone could chime in and let me know how much runtime they get with 3 x 9 volt Alkaline batteries, and also what type of microphones they are using when testing their runtimes since mics differ in current consumption. I know the 480's suck up 2ma of current, compared to 414's, which suck up 4ma. I believe my MBHO's suck up 4.5ma, and I think Schoeps are rated at 4ma.....

Thanks in advance, and Happy Holidays, especially to anyone that can help me out ;D

Bean
Schoeps MK 4V & MK 41V ->
Schoeps 250|0 KCY's (x2) ->
Naiant +60v|Low Noise PFA's (x2) ->
DarkTrain Right Angle Stubby XLR's (x3) ->
Sound Devices MixPre-6 & MixPre-3

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/diskobean
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Bean420
http://bt.etree.org/mytorrents.php
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j9eu80jpuaubz/Recordings

Offline prof_peabody

• Team Houston
« Reply #200 on: December 26, 2007, 12:01:46 PM »
What kind of runtimes do yinz get with (3) fresh 9 volt Energizer 2's or any fresh 9 volt alkalines for that matter, including cheapies ??? I am getting CRAZY runtimes with (3) fresh Energizer 9 volt Alkalines.......I have just hit the 17 hour mark running my MBHO KA500 HN Hypers on a DINa KwonBar into my MBHO 603 A active bodies into the Aerco MP-2, and then into Canare XLR>RCA Cables, and into my SD 722 Line-In and running gain on the Aerco at MAX at +50db. I am running XLR in and RCA Outs obviously.

Does that type of runtime seem normal? That seems like an awful LONG time with just 3 x 9v's. If this is normal with 3 fresh 9v's, then I'd love someone to verify that they get extended runtimes like that too with just 3 x 9v's......That would also make me feel ALOT safer come NYE when I need the Aerco to keep on running the WHOLE time both shows. I wish In would have known that it would run that long with just 3 x 9v's.....I bought 10 x Energizer 9 volt batteries, and planned on running the first 3 batts to test how long teh Aerco could/would run with 3 9v's.....I originally planned on switching the 3 batts out after the 30th, just in case the batteries were low. I DID NOT want them running out on me on NYE. Thats why I bought 3 9v's for each niote of music.

I swear I recall someone saying that they only got like 5-6 hrs MAX on a regular basis running 3 x 9 volts in this sucka ??? Guess I was wrong, because I wouldnt doubt if this thing went another 3 hrs at least and I ended up getting 20hrs from just 3 x 9v's ;D

Anyway, if anyone could chime in and let me know how much runtime they get with 3 x 9 volt Alkaline batteries, and also what type of microphones they are using when testing their runtimes since mics differ in current consumption. I know the 480's suck up 2ma of current, compared to 414's, which suck up 4ma. I believe my MBHO's suck up 4.5ma, and I think Schoeps are rated at 4ma.....

Thanks in advance, and Happy Holidays, especially to anyone that can help me out ;D

Bean

Hey Bean-

When did you get the Aerco box?  Congrats!   ;D

easy jim

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #201 on: December 26, 2007, 02:13:37 PM »
Bean,

I always use a L-ion with mine, but used 9v batteries with an older one my friend owned in the past.  With his, we would get ~ 2-3 Phish shows between battery changes (so ~ 12-15 hours of runtime with actual 'on-time') running AKG c568eb mics.

For an open show, why not use a L-ion?

Offline F.O.Bean

• Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #202 on: December 26, 2007, 02:25:21 PM »
Thanks guys, My Aerco is borrowed at this moment

Offline prof_peabody

• Team Houston
« Reply #203 on: December 26, 2007, 05:17:37 PM »
Thanks guys, My Aerco is borrowed at this moment

permanently?   >:D

Offline Myco

• Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #204 on: December 26, 2007, 05:55:08 PM »

Bean

I usually run mine off of a Energizer 4500 mah NiHM rechargable battery, with the (3) 9V for backup and it ran an entire weekend festi without losing power at Hunter Mtn. It'll only kick into the (3) 9V once the other NiHM runs out, so you should be good Bean. Question, you said you run your aerco at max eh? I've been running mine at close to that (around 3 o'clock on the dial which is about +40db) and I was wondering if something was wrong with my having to set it that high. Can you confirm again what you usually run at? I just want to make sure i'm understanding you correctly.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 06:12:02 PM by Myco »
Microtech Gefell M200: M20/M21/M27 caps> Bumblebee MiAGi-II/Darktrain silver cable's/"Chuck" Belden cables> Aerco MP-2 or Busman modded DR-680 pre-amps> Darktrain cables & interconnects> Tascam DR-680 (Busman mod)
AT853's(card's/hyper's)>AT8533x>Aerco MP-2>Sony M10

Offline Myco

• Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #205 on: December 26, 2007, 06:04:33 PM »
Here's a copy of the aerco specs that Jerry Chamkis sent me directly. I had mine built with a balance knob instead of two independent gain adjusts.

The MP-2 has 48 volt DIN standard phantom power and is available in 2 gain
ranges, 0-50 and 20-70 dB.    It costs $750 for a 2 channel unit.  It's a
sturdy die cast metal case, about 4.7 x 3.8 x 1.3 inches.  It's main claim to
fame is that it uses Reichenbach transformers so it's flat from about 7 Hz to
60 KHz and has extreme RF immunity. Distortion is .01% at -20 dBM input level
and noise is right at the theoretical minimum of  -127 dB.  Input is gold
Neutrik XLR and output is RCA.  It has independent gain adjusts for each
channel on front panel knobs that are switched resistors, not pots as there's
no such thing as reliable little ones.  6 steps, typically 10 dB steps but
you can specify any steps you prefer in that range.  (They're built to order,
typically 4 - 6 weeks).  It holds 3 nine volt batteries internally- with a
high current mic they'll last about 12 hours continuous, longer intermittent.
With a self-powered mic, about 40 hours continuous.
You can also feed
external 12 volts, any polarity any ground (totally isolated).  The warranty
is 2 years parts, forever workmanship.  If you found it on the web you
probably already know there are some fanatical users- Steve Feld and Gordon
Hempton I think have comments posted about it. Mickey Hart has one, NASA and
(formerly) Bell Labs have a couple each and several of the film studios have
them from back when Audio Services was a distributor in L.A.  Quite a few
stealth tapers too.

If you have any other questions, I'll be glad to answer them.

Cheers-
>
>              Jerry Chamkis
>              <jchamkis@bga.com
« Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 06:50:09 PM by Myco »
Microtech Gefell M200: M20/M21/M27 caps> Bumblebee MiAGi-II/Darktrain silver cable's/"Chuck" Belden cables> Aerco MP-2 or Busman modded DR-680 pre-amps> Darktrain cables & interconnects> Tascam DR-680 (Busman mod)
AT853's(card's/hyper's)>AT8533x>Aerco MP-2>Sony M10

Offline F.O.Bean

• Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #206 on: December 26, 2007, 06:43:56 PM »

Bean

I usually run mine off of a Energizer 4500 mah NiHM rechargable battery, with the (3) 9V for backup and it ran an entire weekend festi without losing power at Hunter Mtn. It'll only kick into the (3) 9V once the other NiHM runs out, so you should be good Bean. Question, you said you run your aerco at max eh? I've been running mine at close to that (around 3 o'clock on the dial which is about +40db) and I was wondering if something was wrong with my having to set it that high. Can you confirm again what you usually run at? I just want to make sure i'm understanding you correctly.

I was just running realistic levels from the tv, thats why mine was at max. I have no clue where it'll be for the RAQ NYE run yet ;D

Thanks for the info guys ;D Mine finally started to lose power in one channel after about 20+ hrs ;D Id say I coudl SAFELY run it for 16-18 hrs ;D

Offline spyder9

• Trade Count: (82)
  • "Are you Zman?"
    • My Archived shows
« Reply #207 on: December 26, 2007, 07:17:43 PM »
Walmart 9V lithium is the way to go.  It runs the Aerco for weeks, it seems.  Ran the lithium solely for Mountain Jam this past summer, recorded the entire schedule of the first day, and only dropped 2 lamps. 

I never run 9V's internally ..... except when I'm   :turnevil:

Offline Crumbo

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Taperssection Member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #208 on: December 29, 2007, 01:00:32 PM »
what's the best way to contact Jerry, phone or email?

Mics: AKG ck63
Cables: nBob actives
Preamp: nbox platinum II
Recorders:  Sony PCM-M10, Edirol R-05

Offline hammerhorror

• Trade Count: (54)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Hey good lookin'
« Reply #209 on: December 29, 2007, 01:05:26 PM »
what's the best way to contact Jerry, phone or email?

I've always gotten a quick response from Jerry via email.
Mics: Schoeps MK4 & MK41, AKG CK63 (Naiant Actives)

Preamps: Naiant KCY Littlebox

Recorders: Sound Devices 664, Sony PCM-M10

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.072 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com