Gear / Technical Help > Battery Boxes, Preamps, Mixers, ADCs, and Processors

SP-SPSB-4 Micro-mini stereo microphone plug-in power supply with mini 12vdc batt

(1/2) > >>

kylieshotpants:
https://soundprofessionals.com/product/SP-SPSB-4/?abquestionid=4309104

Hi

Does anyone own one of these?.

I bought one, but cannot open the darn thing!.

I emailed SP and got this reply:Congratulations on your purchase of The Sound Professionals Slimline battery module. This power supply will enable you to achieve the best possible performance from any microphone that uses 9 volts bias power, also know as ‘plug in power’.

The battery module will protect the internal components from mechanical damage.

The battery module is a self-contained power unit. To access the battery (included and already installed) for replacement, simply remove the xxxx located in the center of the battery unit and remove the cover. The 12-volt battery can now be lifted out and replaced when necessary. The battery will last between 50 and 75 hours of continuous use, depending on the microphones used. It is recommended that you change the battery at least once per year.

I cannot find  the xxxx located in the center of the battery unit !

mrfender:
Hold it looking at the top so you can read the label.  There are four vertical lines to the left of the label.  Put your thumb on those lines, push down just a little and slide it to the right.  Essentially the whole top should slide off.

kylieshotpants:
cheers mrfender

roffels:
One other tip, I have two of these and both of them have the battery polarity indicators backwards. Spring is negative, flat is positive. The embossed instructions have it opposite of that.

mrfender:

--- Quote from: roffels on January 29, 2023, 06:20:19 PM ---One other tip, I have two of these and both of them have the battery polarity indicators backwards. Spring is negative, flat is positive. The embossed instructions have it opposite of that.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, second time using it i freaked out and thought the battery had died after a 2 hour show.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version