Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Edirol R-09 release information  (Read 110357 times)

Offline flintstone

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: Edirol R-09 release information
« Reply #195 on: June 21, 2006, 09:03:39 PM »

SD cards will be expensive ...~$500 to get 12hrs

dd

These days, a 2GB card, which stores 2 hours of stereo 24/48 recording, costs about $50.
So 12 hours = 6 cards = $300, not $500. 

For the same money, consider three 4GB cards, even if they can't be formatted in the R-09. 
A 4GB card costs about $90 each.

For a price check, see www.dealram.com or www.pricegrabber.com

Flintstone

Offline Ziggz

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #196 on: June 22, 2006, 07:47:04 AM »
Just got back from my first R-09 show ;D

So much easier & less hassle than my old Sharp MD recorder. I covered the police siren red light with some velcro. Recorded for around 2hrs (16/44 wav) and the battery indicator hasn't gone down a notch. Here's a quick mp3  :-X sample (currently capped to 64k upload, so yah, no flac!):

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=7AF7630F164A7C88
17 rows back in front of left stack. SP-BMC-9 mics rolled off @ 195Hz.

Offline gngrbrdman13

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #197 on: June 22, 2006, 05:44:45 PM »
does r09 have an over light?

Offline neutrino

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • **Team Chicago**
« Reply #198 on: June 22, 2006, 06:45:46 PM »
The R-09 has a clip light.
dB-
CA14/OM14 > A10
Sony SBM-1 Oade mod

Offline JungleJoe

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #199 on: June 23, 2006, 02:28:18 PM »
Also, for those adventurous types, the R-09 dismantles easily where you can see the two, extremely bright micro LED's which illuminate the rec button. I put a tiny piece of black electrical tape over each of the LED's to kill off about 95% of the light.
Yeah, that is a bit adventurous.

I wonder if another trick would help. I've done this on other bright, conspicuous lights.

Use a little colored nail polish. This is another reason why having a girlfriend is handy. You usually have a pick of any color and it dulls the brightness but doesn't eliminate it.

I haven't seen a R-09 in person yet so I can't recommend it, per se.

Offline jtblam

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #200 on: June 23, 2006, 08:12:26 PM »
Recently received mine and noticed that the OED display is slightly crooked in the way it's mounted in the display window. Any one else experience this? The convenience of the R-09 beats my MD by a mile and I'm happy with the sound quality so far, but I have to say the build quality is not as high as I expected.

Offline earcandy_archive

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #201 on: June 24, 2006, 12:53:07 AM »

For the same money, consider three 4GB cards, even if they can't be formatted in the R-09. 

Flintstone
[/quote

excuse my lack of knowledge, but in what manner (and what hardware/software) would a 4 GB card be formated? [ since it can't be done on the Edirol).  Does one use a usb card reader?  If so, can anyone recommend an inexpensive unit?

thanks for advice

]
« Last Edit: June 24, 2006, 01:05:49 AM by earcandy_archive »

Offline gngrbrdman13

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #202 on: June 24, 2006, 01:05:08 AM »

Flintstone

I haven't used it to format an sd card for my r09 yet (order in) however, I found one at best buy for $39 that works well with the cf card my r01 uses and seems to have all the ports for 4 other cards.  I will put the link to what it is tomorrow.  Going to bed now!

dd

excuse my lack of knowledge, but in what manner (and what hardware/software) would a 4 GB card be formated? [ since it can't be done on the Edirol).  Does one use a usb card reader?  If so, can anyone recommend an inexpensive unit?

thanks for advice.

]

Offline sleepypedro

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #203 on: June 24, 2006, 02:51:07 AM »

I found one at best buy for $39 that works well with the cf card my r01 uses and seems to have all the ports for 4 other cards.

what todd said -- except fock bestbuy.  any generic card reader should do it, available from basically any online retailer for around eight or nine bucks.

Offline gngrbrdman13

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #204 on: June 24, 2006, 03:39:13 AM »

I found one at best buy for $39 that works well with the cf card my r01 uses and seems to have all the ports for 4 other cards.

what todd said -- except fock bestbuy.  any generic card reader should do it, available from basically any online retailer for around eight or nine bucks.

hey, when in a jam.....i needed a reader that day.  I also have a less expensive one that I paid $13 for and it does not read the kingston 4g 45x cf card.  that is why I needed the 'new' one. 

the first one was a dazzle....did not work well with the cf card.  microdrives...forget it.

dd

Offline sleepypedro

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #205 on: June 24, 2006, 04:45:42 AM »

the first one was a dazzle....did not work well with the cf card.  microdrives...forget it.

double-dizzel, are you saying that the dazzle was a piece of shizzel?

Offline mdarnton

• Taperssection Newbie
    • Darnton Violins
« Reply #206 on: June 25, 2006, 11:03:22 PM »
Edirol seems to avoid giving any real specifications. Anyone got any idea what the REAL bit depth is, taking the machine's inherent noise into account?

Maybe they learned a lesson from M-Audio, who told people exactly what they were paying for, and it wasn't 24 bits, and decided to just let that issue remain unaddressed, rather than make for certain disappointment in their customers. Still, I'd sure like to know what the truth is.

Offline Zaphod

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #207 on: June 25, 2006, 11:09:43 PM »
Edirol seems to avoid giving any real specifications. Anyone got any idea what the REAL bit depth is, taking the machine's inherent noise into account?

Maybe they learned a lesson from M-Audio, who told people exactly what they were paying for, and it wasn't 24 bits, and decided to just let that issue remain unaddressed, rather than make for certain disappointment in their customers. Still, I'd sure like to know what the truth is.

What exactly fo you mean? I don't get what your referrring to here.
we are the people the rescuers will never find

Offline gngrbrdman13

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #208 on: June 25, 2006, 11:13:02 PM »

I am confused.....an MT is not 24bit? 

I thought that the edirol unit was definitely 24 bit....am I wrong about that?  What about r01?

Sometimes when I read this site I have more questions than answers ::)

Thanks to all who help me answer them.

Offline bgalizio

• Trade Count: (3)
    • http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/spyboychoir
« Reply #209 on: June 26, 2006, 07:36:56 AM »
I don't think I've seen this mentioned..  Not all card readers can handle a 4GB SD card..  Here are some tests of commonly avail cards..

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/accessories/4gb-sd.shtml

Anyone know of any dealers with r09's in stock?

Not sure of any online dealers, but I was in a local Sam Ash for an adapter and they had the R09 in stock.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.094 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com