Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Edirol R-09 release information  (Read 110353 times)

Offline gewwang

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Edirol R-09 release information
« Reply #300 on: July 11, 2006, 11:51:15 AM »
Has anyone who is using a 4gb card let their R-09 record over the 2gb limit? Does it stop at 2gb? Does it stop and restart a recording?
dB-

I tested my R-09 last night for the first time. I tried to format the Transcend 4GB using the R-09 first and it just said 'processing...' and never came back. I bailed after 10 minutes, removed the batteries, and then connected it to the PC via USB and formated the card fine using windows XP.

I ran line in from my Sonosax using 2 2500 mAH Powerex NiMH rechargeables. The first file was just a 1 1/2 minute wav at 24/48. Worked fine. The next file I let run until it stopped and I ended up with a 237:56.03 file taking up 4,015,138 KB (4GB) according to windows after I copied them onto my laptop.

I fell asleep while the 2nd file was being made and woke up about 8.5 hrs after first turning the R-09 on. It was still on so I moved the files to the laptop, and then restarted the recorder. The batteries finally died at about 45 minutes. I wasn't able to open the 4GB file with wavelab 5 or CEP. I opened it with CDWav and split it so I could save a 1 hr chunk of the file in the middle of the 4 hours and opened it with wavelab to verify that it was indeed 24/48.

So is this news? Has anyone else recorded a 2GB-4GB file without having to stop/restart?

Offline Rick

• Trade Count: (1)
    • My Recordings
« Reply #301 on: July 11, 2006, 11:58:31 AM »
Hmmm so it record an almost 4 hour 24/48 file without stopping? That's pretty cool!
Retired Taper

Offline gewwang

« Reply #302 on: July 11, 2006, 12:06:34 PM »
Yeah, and I forgot to mention the display is great - it shows the current time of the file being recorded and also shows the remaining time available counting down. I was watching it from about 1:55 until 2:15 to be ready to stop and restart a new file but it just kept going before I finally had to give up and go to sleep.

Offline leehookem

• Trade Count: (3)
    • Texas Tapers
« Reply #303 on: July 11, 2006, 12:07:49 PM »
good news on the record time!  After seeing Drews this past weekend, I want one.
www.texastapers.org

AKG c480b ck61/ck63 > Tascam DR-70D
Oade ACM Marantz PMD-671
AKG ck61/63 > NBob Actives > Naiant PFA > Tascam DR-70D
Oade ACM Marantz PMD-671
Audiophile 2496 > Mytek Stereo96 DAC > Sony MDR-7506
Dual 1229 > Marantz 2270 > Kimber Kables > Cerwin Vega VS120

Canon Rebel XSi, EF 50 mm f/1.8, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS

Offline Rick

• My Recordings
« Reply #304 on: July 11, 2006, 12:10:20 PM »
good news on the record time!  After seeing Drews this past weekend, I want one.

Where's that deal you were talking about?  ;D
Retired Taper

Offline sleepypedro

« Reply #305 on: July 11, 2006, 12:31:14 PM »
good news on the record time!  After seeing Drews this past weekend, I want one.

heh, it seems to have that effect on people!   8)

Offline neutrino

• Taperssection Member
  • **Team Chicago**
« Reply #306 on: July 11, 2006, 12:44:23 PM »
good news on the record time!  After seeing Drews this past weekend, I want one.

heh, it seems to have that effect on people!   8)

sleepy-
can you test yours out for this continuous runtime with a 4gb card. i figure the more who can prove this positive the better.
dB-
CA14/OM14 > A10
Sony SBM-1 Oade mod

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
« Reply #307 on: July 11, 2006, 04:19:14 PM »
Ran mine this morning with the Trancend 4GB card at 24/48 until the card filled.  Recorded for just a minute or two shy of 4hrs. The file was saved and the recorder remained on.

Pressed 'rec' again and card full was displayed.  Tried to playback on the unit but only play/pause would blink.
Took the card out and transfered to computer (WinXP) using a USB reader.  Transfer took about 70min.
File played fine With WinAmp, I did not open it into an editor.

Transferd the file back to the card (also about 70min).  Replaced the card in the R-09, deleted the file using the menu and resumed test recording.
No problem.

As reported by others file sizes over 2GB and the total card size/remaining card space is reported incorrectly using this unsupported card ( -149.72MB is displayed)
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline SClassical

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #308 on: July 11, 2006, 04:33:41 PM »
Are you using a 150X 4GB card? Heard too fast card is not good for recording audio in the R-09.
Mics: DPA3552 kit/DPA3521 kit/DPA SMK4081 kit/DPA SMK4060 kit/Schoeps 2X MK21, 2X MK22 and 2X MK4v and 2X Schoeps CCM2S
Mixers/preamps: Sonosax SX-M32/Sonosax SX-M2 LS/Grace Design V3/DPA MMA6000/Millennia HV-32P
Recorders: SD722/PCM-D50/MT2
Playback: Grace m903 - Sennheiser HD650 / Bowers & Wilkins Nautilus 805s

Offline Gutbucket

« Reply #309 on: July 11, 2006, 04:37:20 PM »
The Trancend 4GD SD is 150x.  No problems so far.  I'd like to get the transfer speed faster, but that may be the $9 USB thumb drive reader I'm using at work.  I'll have to try the transfer with the built in card reader on my laptop at home & see if it's any faster.
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline gewwang

« Reply #310 on: July 11, 2006, 04:54:33 PM »
As reported by others file sizes over 2GB and the total card size/remaining card space is reported incorrectly using this unsupported card ( -149.72MB is displayed)

How are you formatting the card? Right now I can only format the card by connecting to the PC thru USB and formatting thru windows. After formatting, the R-09 reported "No Card". But I hit record and the message went away and it reported the current time of the recording and time remaining on the card correctly.

Offline sleepypedro

« Reply #311 on: July 11, 2006, 05:04:28 PM »
Mine went to just shy of 4 hours and stopped with a card full msg. I am copying it now.   My reader does 7MB/sec with CF (so 9 minutes) but I haven't measured it with SD.

wait a sec, are you saying you were able to write one continuous session of 3:5x at 24/48?  or just total storage on a 4gb card is 3:5x?

Offline cd2go

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection Member
    • Strictly Slambovian
« Reply #312 on: July 11, 2006, 05:21:01 PM »
This continuous file ability is amazing news.  Keep these reviews/tests coming, I'm still waiting on the next shipment from Sound Pros, can't wait to play with one of these.  ;D

Offline Gutbucket

« Reply #313 on: July 11, 2006, 05:27:50 PM »
Yes, one big file.

I'm formating & transfering using a card reader.  I haven't connected the R-09 via the USB cable yet, but according to the manual and the posts of others, it appears to just act like a 'dumb' card reader when connected via USB cable.

Offline drewloo

• Friend of Salsa
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • it's recreational
« Reply #314 on: July 11, 2006, 09:22:03 PM »
It took ~29 minutes to transfer 3.66 gigs from the r-09 w/ a 4g Transcend card to pc via usb out of the r-09.  Also tried it w/ the ac adapter to see if it helped speed it up any but it didn't.

It took ~17 minutes to transfer it using a usb a SD/MMC (only) 'thumbdrive'.

It took ~4 minutes to transfer it using a more expensive multi-card (8-in-one) reader. 

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.063 seconds with 38 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com