Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Help identifying static  (Read 1666 times)

Offline charles

• W/O Rig but Hopeful
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
    • BrownMountainLight.Net
Help identifying static
« on: February 12, 2005, 12:18:33 PM »
I've been testing my rig out the past two days ( Nakcm300>AD-20>D8 ) and I've encountered a problem with some static. It comes in intervals.....starts low and grows a little over about a 3sec period, then goes away. It's onlt coming from one side......so, I'm thinking it's the mic. I noticed that the particular mic in question makes a static noise when switched on or to lo flter. The othe mic switches smooth with no noise. I've allready taped with two decks, so I know it's not that. Any ideas here. Particularly interested in feedback from Nak users...but, of course, I'm happy to hear any feedback. Hoping to correct this problem as quick as possible.
W/O Rig but Hopeful

Offline dklein

• Taperssection All-Star
Re: Help identifying static
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2005, 02:52:48 PM »
If you switch the mic inputs into the AD-20, does the sound move with the mic or is it still in the same channel (therefore coming from the AD-20)?

There may be a bad capacitor in one of those devices...
KM 184 > V2 > R4
older recording gear: UA-5  / emagic A62 / laptop / JB3 / CSB / AD20 / Sharp MT-90 / Sony MDS-JE510
Playback: Pioneer DV-578 > Lucid DA 9624 >many funny little british boxes > Linn Isobarik PMS

Offline charles

• W/O Rig but Hopeful
  • Taperssection Member
    • BrownMountainLight.Net
Re: Help identifying static
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2005, 03:42:45 PM »
I'll check that as soon as I can. I just ran another test for about 6 minutes and no problems??
W/O Rig but Hopeful

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.046 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com