Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: MT2496 lockup  (Read 1520 times)

sml42

• Trade Count: (0)
MT2496 lockup
« on: September 14, 2008, 03:59:54 AM »
So I was out last night, and recorded the soundcheck... hit stop, the hourglass spun for a little while then the MT2496 froze.

This has happened once to me before, in the 2 or so years I've had the device. The previous time, I had no idea what to do and so wasn't able to restart recording for the main act.

So I searched a bit on here, and it appears that the magic sauce is to press and hold the power button for 10 seconds to force a hard reset. Needless to say, I wasn't able to reproduce the problem to test this... until last night.

So, to whoever wrote that advice, :coolguy:, worked a charm! Got the soundcheck and main set, didn't miss a beat!

Hopefully by bumping this info I will save someone else some pain...

Offline dallman

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (33)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • Clifford Morse
Re: MT2496 lockup
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 02:41:17 PM »
If you switch to the newest firmware, your chances of lockup will be reduced a great deal. I have had zero lockups since upgrading a few years ago.

I think the only reason you would have a lockup with the latest firmware, would be a CF card that writes too quickly. I cannot recall exactly what happens (technically)  as a result of having a fast card, but if you have the newest firmware you may want to try a different F card, and if you do not have the newest firmware, you may want to upgrade. I hope this helps too.  ;D
Support Live Music: Tape A Show Today!
Deck>possibly something here> Mics

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.056 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com