Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Edirol R1: Fast forward / rewind with sound? Resume?  (Read 1704 times)

Offline dwissl

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Edirol R1: Fast forward / rewind with sound? Resume?
« on: March 22, 2005, 05:59:52 AM »
Does anybody here know, whether one can hear the track, when one fast forwards or rewinds. This would be important for me, because I sometimes have to find certain positions in a track. I'd also like to know, whether the R1 can do mid track resume, so that one could use it for spoken word material.

Thanks

Dwis

Offline tenesejedd

• Taperssection Member
  • Never trust a woman who wears her pants too tight
Re: Edirol R1: Fast forward / rewind with sound? Resume?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2006, 11:20:45 PM »
The answer is no to both of your questions. Its a great recorder but lacks ease of use for "searching" throughout the tracks
Avantone CK-1>Busman T-Mod FR2-LE
Edirol R-1

I see you scissoring me with your eyes...

Offline hyperplane

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2006, 10:40:03 PM »
actually, YES, the R-1 CAN fastforward/rewind... you simply press and hold down on the Previous/Next button... (the ones that look like |<<  and  >>| ).

as for mid-track resume i don't think it will do this. could you clarify what exactly you mean by the term?

Offline dwissl

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2006, 02:30:39 AM »
Hyperplane: Teneseged answered my two questions correctly. I know it, because I had the chance to try out the R1:

Yes, one can fast forward and rewind as you say, but I want these functions with sound and when one fast forwards and rewinds, one can't hear anything. Midtrack resume means, that the recorder remembers the stop position and starts at it, when it's switched on again later.
The Nagra Ares-m at least has fast forward and rewind with sound. It's not necessarily a tapers machine, since it can't do 24/96, but it is my favorite flash recorder at the moment.

Offline tenesejedd

• Taperssection Member
  • Never trust a woman who wears her pants too tight
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2006, 04:58:05 PM »
On a side note since the R1 FF and Rewinds kinda slow, here is a tip i read a while ago.  If you are FF or Rewinding: while holding the button down, switch on the HOLD switch. You can now let go of the FF/Rewind button and the unit will continue to advance through the song.  Once you have reached the area you are looking for, press and hold the FF/Rewind button (either one will do, not both), turn off the HOLD switch. Continue to hold down either FF or Rewind button for a couple of seconds, then the unit will start playing from that position.

Practice it a couple times and its easy to get the hang of it.
Avantone CK-1>Busman T-Mod FR2-LE
Edirol R-1

I see you scissoring me with your eyes...

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.064 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com