Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Countryman B3's - anyone ever used the 'crisp response' caps?  (Read 2971 times)

Offline yates7592

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Taperssection Member
I have always run my B3's with the flat response caps on. I am wondering if anybody has ever used them with the 'crisp reponse' caps (or even 'very crisp' caps) on? Were the results pleasing / better / worse? I think I can imagine what they might sound like, but would like to hear first-hand experience.

adrianf74

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Countryman B3's - anyone ever used the 'crisp response' caps?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 07:28:59 AM »
I have always run my B3's with the flat response caps on. I am wondering if anybody has ever used them with the 'crisp reponse' caps (or even 'very crisp' caps) on? Were the results pleasing / better / worse? I think I can imagine what they might sound like, but would like to hear first-hand experience.

Never got a chance to try mine with them but I don't know if it would help or hinder.   I found the B3's really good for quieter shows but they weren't the best for rock shows.

Offline Ziggz

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 06:37:07 PM »
I used them for an indoor rock show, had more top end. They sound a bit muddy with the flat ones indoors.  Gonna use them again Friday, will try the very crisp.
Would stick to flat for acoustic / not so loud shows.

Here's a "crisp" sample, location slightly off centre front row balcony http://www.mediafire.com/play/z79r7po9uk3l07p/samp.mp3 ( http://youtu.be/IGan4hXF90g )
I don't think it sounds that great.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 06:57:37 PM by Ziggz »

Offline yates7592

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2013, 03:21:07 AM »
Thanks for the sample. Sounds a bit too bright for my liking, I think I will stick with the flat caps.

Offline Ziggz

• Taperssection Member

Offline yates7592

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2013, 10:07:36 AM »
Thanks for the samples. Actually listening to the 'crisp', that's not bad at all. Do you use these caps all the time rather than the flats?

Offline Ziggz

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2013, 09:55:25 PM »
Still experimenting. Flats for acoustic, and did a nice outdoor pull with flats. Was a bit disappointed with an indoor rock show done with flats, but the mics may not have been up high enough (2nd clip in below sample).
Sample with 3 clips: Outdoor / flat, theatre / flat about 6m from stack, arena / crisp http://www.mediafire.com/?pfyayia4x45jx4t

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.052 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com