Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: LD microphone travel cases available anywhere?  (Read 2917 times)

Offline drkstar10

• Trade Count: (18)
  • Taperssection Regular
LD microphone travel cases available anywhere?
« on: February 11, 2015, 10:11:22 AM »
I been using cigar cases relined with closed cell foam for my small diameter mics and they work great.

Anybody have recommendations for hard cases for U89's?

Thanks,

Mark
Mic's.    U89i, CM300 (Frankenaks),MK4, mk41, mk4v>kcy>PFA,
Pre's and A/D.    V2, rmod2k1, Aerco mp-2, ad2k+
Decks   788t-SSD, MixPre 6, m-10,

Offline pdxdanmusic

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
  • pdxtaper
Re: LD microphone travel cases available anywhere?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 11:28:12 AM »

Offline Fried Chicken Boy

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2015, 03:31:18 PM »
I saw this thread
http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=169987.0

I have a few of those PFC cases and while they are better than a soft case or pouch, they're blow-molded and a bit flimsy, and not nearly in the same class at the Pelican or SKB cases.  Those brands are far more rugged, are waterproof and airtight, have better hinges and clasps, and are just much higher quality in general.  The Pelican cases are also usually only a few dollars more than the PFC cases in similar sizes.  When you've spent a lot of money on your microphones, it's not wise to go on the cheap when it comes to protecting them. 

To answer the OP's question, I suggest the Pelican or SKB cases for your U89's.  The Pelicans get a lot of love around here, have been extensively field tested, and prove their mettle with flying colors; you could likely run over them with a car and not break them (seriously).  The SKB are just as good but not as well known, a little "fancier" with their clasps and overall finish, and are more expensive.  They stock many different sizes of the Pelican and SKB cases at B&H Photo along with the exterior and interior dimensions to help you choose the correct size. 

Offline cybergaloot

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Poohbah!
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2015, 03:38:43 PM »
I'm with ya on this one. I wish I had something better than the factory cases for my ADK-tl's.
--
Walter

Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects. Will Rogers

this>that>the other

Offline DSatz

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (35)
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2015, 12:12:36 AM »
I have a Neumann double case that I'd be very willing to sell. Not sure whether I still have U 89 inserts for it or not, but those are available from Neumann.

Let me dust the case off and see what inserts I have for it, and I'll post a message in the Yard Sale, most likely over the weekend.

--best regards
music > microphones > a recorder of some sort

Offline TSNéa

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2015, 01:11:14 AM »
Hello drkstar10

You could check this seller on eBay:
http://myworld.ebay.com/fly-for-u/
At the moment it shows only two Pelican Storm IM2050 (about the size of a 1200).
In the past, I already bought from them two used Pelican 1200, one under $30, the other around $40-45, IIRC.  International shipping included, which can be very interesting when you live in the middle of nowhere.
These cases were very lightly used: some dust, some stickers, one or two scratches... and some useless ("mic wise"?) pre-molded foam.
FWIW.

Offline DSatz

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (35)
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2015, 05:06:10 PM »
I just posted my "for sale" article in the Yard Sale for a Neumann carrying case. This was designed for pairs of their U 87, U 89, TLM 103, TLM 127 (does anyone here use those?), TLM 170 and possibly other models. The case is designed with two cutout areas in the foam, into which you would place a pair of their inserts that are tailored for the specific microphone type.

I no longer seem to have any of those inserts, so on Monday I'll find out what Neumann USA has available and what they cost. Or you could fill in the space with your own padding, of course.

--best regards
music > microphones > a recorder of some sort

Offline 2manyrocks

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Taperssection All-Star

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.049 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com