Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Two tickets for stand taping?  (Read 1597 times)

Offline Aaron41

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Quack
Two tickets for stand taping?
« on: August 05, 2005, 11:09:52 PM »
Hey all,

I'm finally going to invest in a stand for my AT831s. Nickel Creek is coming around and I'd love to finally tape a show without putting the mics in a hat.

All the info files I read online (for a lot of DMB shows) list that the taper used two seats to make the recording. This leads me to believe that the stand took up that much space.

I'd love to start stand taping. It would be great to have less chatter and be able to enjoy the concert more. It is hard for me to buy two tickets to any show I want to see with open taping and reserved seating. Is it possible to run a stand with AT831s on it from one seat or am I just dreaming?

Sorry if this is a dumb question. I'm learning new stuff here everyday.

Aaron
"The pizza game has treated me well" - Evil Taper

Offline willndmb

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Two tickets for stand taping?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2005, 04:03:37 PM »
i taper dmb and have never had anyone say i nedded 2 seats, although i have had 2 seats i never had anyonje ever say anything to me about it.

as you prob know at dmb shows everyone stands up, so the seat is were my bag and stuff sits while the stand is taped or set up on/next/between the seats

now if it was a show were people were going to sit all show, you might have another story because they will not let you stand so the stand and gear can take the seat
Mics - AKG ck61/ck63 (c480b & Naiant actives), SP-BMC-2
XLR Cables - Silver Path w/Darktrain stubbies
Interconnect Cables - Dogstar (XLR), Darktrain (RCA > 1/8) (1/8 > 1/8), and Kind Kables (1/8f > 1/4)
Preamps - Naiant Littlebox & Tinybox
Recorders - PCM-M10 & DR-60D

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.038 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com