Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: DIY Shock Mount For Stealth-Sized Mics  (Read 1668 times)

Offline flagg6805

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
  • I'm your Huckleberry.
DIY Shock Mount For Stealth-Sized Mics
« on: August 06, 2005, 04:02:29 PM »
Hi All!

I own a set of Microphone Madness mics and after looking around could not find a set of shock mounts that would fit the size of my microphones  (at least not any at a price that I wanted to pay.)  So, I searched around the internet for DIY shock mounts and found something similar to the ones I eventually made (I since then cannot find the guy's site to give him credit for the original design, but I will as soon as I find out.)  For those of you who are DIYers and want to make some shock mounts, I've decided to post directions on how to make a set of shock mounts for stealth-sized mics.  Maybe I'll see another set of these at the next show I go to! 

EDIT:  I think this post was WAY too long, so I cut out the directions.  If you're interested in making these, just drop me an email and I'll send you the directions.

« Last Edit: August 06, 2005, 07:28:47 PM by flagg6805 »

Offline jeromejello

• Team Florida - always brings the heat
  • Trade Count: (9)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • surly tapir
Re: DIY Shock Mount For stealth-sized mics
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2005, 05:00:12 PM »
+t for DIY stuff..
open: mbho 603a (ka200n/ka500hn) > SD MP-2 > PCM-M10
stealth: AT853a (o/sc/c/h) > SD MP-2 > ihp120
misc: Earthworks SR77 | Shure VP88

bt & dime

Offline ljsurfer2002

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: DIY Shock Mount For Stealth-Sized Mics
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2005, 01:08:51 AM »
MANY thanks for the post and pics .. i'm attempting my DIY T-mount and shocks tomorrow after a trip to home depot .. thanks for more ideas! ...

tyler
If you have a problem relating to the Live Music Archive: http://www.archive.org/details/etree please PM me and/or send an e-mail to us admins at etree(AT)archive(DOT)org and we'll get on it asap

Audio Technica 831 (AT831) > Sound Pro standard batt-box > Nomad Jukebox 3
It's a n00b rig, but I still love it, 5 years later! I have no desire whatsoever to 'upgrade'. I figure it does a good enough job doing the task I want it to do (recording the music) so i'd rather take that $1000 and use it elsewhere... ;)

Offline flagg6805

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
  • I'm your Huckleberry.
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2005, 11:14:45 AM »
tyler- let me know if you want my instructions too, might help explain the pics a little.  Also, let us know about how you make the t-mount.  For my mount, I used a 6" flat corner iron which gives me a perfect 90 deg. angle, but I don't think the spacing is correct for NOS or DIN...

Offline ljsurfer2002

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2005, 11:44:40 AM »
yeah I e-mailed you to get the directisons, I just e-mailed the address in your profile.. did you not get it? .. I'd appreciate it, thanks!

LJsurfer2002@yahoo.com

yeah for the T mount, not sure what i'm going to do..

what is a 6" flat corner iron? .. just a right angle of metal? are there eye holes in the edges of the L shape that the nuts can go through for the shockmounts? .. i'm sure i'll make something .. whether or not it works is another story! ;)
If you have a problem relating to the Live Music Archive: http://www.archive.org/details/etree please PM me and/or send an e-mail to us admins at etree(AT)archive(DOT)org and we'll get on it asap

Audio Technica 831 (AT831) > Sound Pro standard batt-box > Nomad Jukebox 3
It's a n00b rig, but I still love it, 5 years later! I have no desire whatsoever to 'upgrade'. I figure it does a good enough job doing the task I want it to do (recording the music) so i'd rather take that $1000 and use it elsewhere... ;)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.14 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com