Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: dvd-v players  (Read 3146 times)

Offline eric.B

• to the side qualified
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
dvd-v players
« on: November 16, 2005, 11:04:12 AM »
g'day all..
I am wondering if I could get some feedback here...  For those of you who have used "audio-DVD-creator" to author DVD_V disks (either by creating image to HD and then burning in Nero(or other) or burn DVD_V disks with the software itself), which players have you found support gapless playback?  I read the threads and saw some references to some units, but scant to say the least..  that and players that support DVD_V burned with discwelder bronze.   I am not talking about players that support dvd-a or sacd, Im talking about your basic dvd players and how they deal with ffwd/rew scanning, skipping tracks, menu's, gapless playback etc..

many t's to those who respond!   

thanks...
We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes nonwork.  ~Milton Friedman

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
  • Trade Count: (2)
    • Hurricanes Insider
Re: dvd-v players
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2005, 11:08:41 AM »
I use a pioneer elite dv-45A...no gaps on any playback on any formats.  I found the samsung HD841 (rebranded toshiba 4960) was flaky at best...

Offline larrysellers

• Trade Count: (35)
  • Qualified
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2005, 03:23:42 PM »
I was using Audio DVD Creator the other day and noticed that every source come out at 48K...is this to ensure compatibility with all dvd standards? Playback  = toshiba 4960 -> coax -> 2000es.

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2005, 03:25:05 PM »
I found the samsung HD841 (rebranded toshiba 4960) was flaky at best...

Concur - I tossed one of my DVD-A's in one at circuit city, and it had gaps.
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2005, 03:25:53 PM »
I was using Audio DVD Creator the other day and noticed that every source come out at 48K...is this to ensure compatibility with all dvd standards? Playback  = toshiba 4960 -> coax -> 2000es.

I think it has to be 48 or 96 to use that program...
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline larrysellers

• Qualified
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2005, 03:26:46 PM »

+T and Thanks

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2005, 03:27:29 PM »

+T and Thanks

Backatcha

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2005, 03:28:17 PM »
Though, Larry - were the files at 48 when you input them?   Does it resample them?  I think I'd want control over that step if it does...

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
  • Trade Count: (2)
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2005, 03:32:40 PM »

check your dvd settings as well, if the settings are not right the DVD player will downsample a 96khz signal

Offline Craig T

• Trade Count: (10)
    • LMA
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2005, 03:35:29 PM »

check your dvd settings as well, if the settings are not right the DVD player will downsample a 96khz signal

and not every dvd-v player will pass 96k to the digi-out.  only matters if you plan on running an outboard DAC.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2005, 03:59:51 PM by Craig T »
Schoeps cmc6/4v / Beyer mc950 / Line Audio CM3, OM1 / ADK A51 / Church Audio CA-14
Naiant Tinybox v2.2 / NBox(P) / Church Audio ST9200 / CA-UGLY
Sony PCM-M10 / Zoom F3 / Zoom F6

Offline larrysellers

• Qualified
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2005, 03:41:43 PM »
Though, Larry - were the files at 48 when you input them?   Does it resample them?  I think I'd want control over that step if it does...

No, they were 44.1 16 bit (untracked wav. Anti-scene show from the night before). I didn't play around with the settings very much. Once I had produced a playable disc, those settings became the default.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.146 seconds with 35 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com