Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: R-44 Issue  (Read 1620 times)

Offline airbladder

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Taperssection Member
    • My recordings on archive:
R-44 Issue
« on: April 28, 2011, 08:17:58 PM »
I have some problems with my OCM R-44 and I wonder if anyone else has had this issue.  Once and a while it turns off on it's own with out me touching anything. This will happen before a show while I am getting everything set up.  It will shut off two or three timesm and when it shuts off it changes my recording settings.  After it shugs off a few times it doesn't shut off again for the rest of the night.  Once it gets "warmed up" it doesn't seem to have any problems.  I had a bad battery cable and now that I have a new cable I still have the same issue.  When I move the connections next to the deck and battery that doesn't make the deck turn off; it also happens when plugged into AC power.   

I called two "Edirol" repair shops today before emailing Paul at Pro Digital; of the three places I called he has the best price for giving a repair estimate.  Someone mentioned that I should do some testing with AA batteries to see if the issue continues. 

Any thoughts?  Anyone else had an issue like this?  Any info would be great.
Microphones: Neumann U89i, Neumann KMR 82i, Neumann AK40/50>LC3>KM100.
Pres: AETA PSP-3
Decks: Zoom F8, Sony PCM-M10, Microtrack

Offline DSatz

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (35)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: R-44 Issue
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 08:48:22 PM »
I think by now you can interpret the deafening silence to mean that no one else here has had this problem. Your recorder probably needs repair; the R-44 is a very, very reliable model in general.

--best regards and sympathies
music > microphones > a recorder of some sort

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.047 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com