Gear / Technical Help > Recording Gear

USB audio driver / recording app for ANDROID

<< < (6/6)

jerryfreak:
is this asynchronous?

i was talking with doug about the d:vice and while he was impressed with the internals, said most usb connections like that are synchronous and very prone to jitter

i have a digigram uax-220 mic (listed as supported) that would be good to test with this. as with all things digigram the breakout cables are obscene

https://www.amazon.com/Digigram-UAX220-Mic-Broadcast-Interface-Balanced/dp/B00S5DWB1A

ol' dirty taper:
Is anyone still using the USB Audio Recorder Pro? Are there better alternatives that have come out in the last year and a half?

Recently I picked up a Mixerface R4R and am looking for an interface that will work with it. USB ARP also claims to work with the mixpre series, wonder if it will allow for gain controls.

*Edit - it does not work with the MP6, their site says it does work with the 10II. Works very well with the Mixerface.

taper420:
I'm using it for stereo backup recording with my Mixpre 10II. I'm the reason it recently got added to the compatibility list. I haven't seen anything else that fits the bill this well and is actively supported (and the developer is very responsive). It looks like there's an issue with the 6II and 10II (and possibly others) where it can't see all 12 tracks, so only two are available. I went down the rabbit hole with the developer and it seems to be an issue baked into Android that has to do with USB mode switching. Sound Devices info seems to indicate this problem is specific to the 6II and 10II, noting that those devices require a driver on Windows machines in order to operate as more than a 2X2 interface. There are no mixer/gain controls available in the app. 24 bit is available but not 32. I saw up to 96kHz available, but 192 may be available as well since you have to switch and restart the MP to use it. Stereo input is available in both USB modes but stereo output is only available when running the MP in "normal" USB mode. Streaming apps such as Mixlr and Larix Broadcaster work with or without USB ARP installed (but haven't tried running them at the same time: USB ARP suggests it is not recommended to run it in the background).

Hope that helps.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version