Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: How to get Wav files onto an audi cd  (Read 1239 times)

Offline crossthreaded

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Member
How to get Wav files onto an audi cd
« on: April 11, 2008, 07:35:08 PM »
I recorded a couple shows in 16 bit on my marantz 670.  I got them tracked out fine in cd wave.  I have just been burning the .wav files onto a data cd but would like to get this one bands show onto audio cds.

I tried using r8brain to convert and it took a long time and I ended up with .wav files and a file marked .orig or something similar.  I'm not on my computer right now so I'm not sure what the actual file type is.

I think I need to change the bitrate but i'm completely lost on what else to do.  The r8brain thing just confused me with the weird file type.

thanks for any help you can offer a dumbass taper
akg 460/ck61>cables>busman T mod R4
stuff > rio > es > cl5 > nexo

Offline itook2much

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • AKA rspencer
    • my masters
Re: How to get Wav files onto an audi cd
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 09:51:24 PM »
If you recorded the shows in 16 bits, there's no need to change the bit depth.  16bit is standard for CD.  As long as the sampling rate is 44.1K, you're good to go.  Just add the wav files into whatever burning software you prefer.
DPA 4060 (CS HEB) > CS BB > Edirol R-09

Backups:  DPA 4060 (1/8"), SP-BMC-2, SP-SPSB-6, Sony MZ-NH1

Quote from: tomluvsgiants
rule #1 - get the show taped
rule #2 - see rule #1    >:D

Quote from: Grace Hopper
“If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.”

Offline JasonSobel

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • My show list
Re: How to get Wav files onto an audi cd
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008, 01:32:30 PM »
on the other hand, if you recorded at 16 bit, 48 kHz, then you will need to resample the files to 44.1 kHz before you can burn an audio CD.  that's what r8brain does.  when r8brain resamples a file, the default is to rename the original file "xxxxxx.wav.orig", and then the new, resampled file is "xxxxxx.wav".  So the .orig file is just the original file you started with.  Change it back to .wav (by deleting that .orig extension), and you've got the file you started with.  but the new file is now 16 bit, 44.1 kHz (assuming those are the settings you chose in r8brain), which is the CD standard and you'll be good to go.  r8brain takes a long time to process, depending on your computer, because it takes a lot of calculations to produce a high quality resampling job.  that part is perfectly normal.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.035 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com