Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Low vocals, can anything be done?  (Read 1226 times)

Offline maidencolorado

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • Who farted?
Low vocals, can anything be done?
« on: May 22, 2009, 10:28:36 AM »
I just taped a few bands 2 nights ago in Philly, the first 3 I didn't notice my mics weren't all the way plugged in.  After listening to the recordings, the music sounds good, but the vocals are very low in the mix.  I noticed the issue before the 4th band came on, plugged the mics all the way in and got much better results.  I'm really brand new to the world of working on audio, have Soundforge and Audacity at my disposal.  Is there anything I can do to try to enhance the vocals?

I'm at work right now, but can post some samples later, the bands in question are grindcore bands, so certainly not for everyone.  I'd probably write it off as a learning experience, but I was filming for the bands, so I'd really like to try something if at all possible.

ilduclo

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Low vocals, can anything be done?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 11:17:35 AM »
there's a couple of settings in Soundforge in the graphic equalizer to boost vocals, they basically amp up the midrange and a bit of the high end. Make sure you save the original as you mess around, then you can always go back to the original to try for another way. Also, if one channel has better vox than the other, try boosting each one differently, that might help, too....

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.053 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com