Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: linux soundcard driver install help  (Read 1336 times)

Offline chase

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
    • Etree List
linux soundcard driver install help
« on: May 05, 2004, 01:56:30 AM »
that other thread got me searching again for drivers for my m-audio soundcards and i found this site http://www.alsa-project.org/ which has drivers for lots of cards.  the problem i am having is installing the drivers.  when i run the ./configure command i get an error saying "no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH"  i have used the ./configure command before without problems so i'm stumped.  for reference i have been trying to follow these http://myweb.cableone.net/eviltwin69/ALSA_JACK_ARDOUR.html instructions on how to install ALSA.

Offline peeeper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • F-you Maize and Blue!
Re:linux soundcard driver install help
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2004, 09:15:44 PM »
To check whether you have gcc installed type the following at a console command line:
Code: [Select]
gcc -vIf you have gcc compiler installed then it should return the version.  Next you'll want to find out what directory it resides in by typing the following at the command line:
Code: [Select]
find / -name gcc If you find the directory where gcc is located the next thing to do is add it to your $PATH variable.  This can be done by editing your .bash_profile file and concatenating the absolute path to where gcc is located to the PATH variable declaration.

Notes about .bash_profile:  As you might know, but I'm not sure you do by your questioning; that the period (.) in front of any file means that file is hidden unless you use the -a option of the ls command.  I prefer using ls -al so that the output is in list form.  Also, I'm assuming you're using Bash shell for your console.

I hope this works or at least points you in the right direction.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2004, 09:16:53 PM by peeeper »
field: SKM184 > MME > VAIO, D8
home: DA-20 > WT2496

You do not merely want to be considered just the best of the best. You want to be considered the only ones who do what you do. --Jerry Garcia

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.068 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com