Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: LG GSA 4163B DVD-RAM writer problems; newbie content  (Read 1246 times)

Offline jibooer

• Trade Count: (33)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Searching for the perfect jam...
LG GSA 4163B DVD-RAM writer problems; newbie content
« on: September 01, 2005, 11:18:41 PM »
Hey pholks!

I was hoping someone would be able to help me rectify this annoying situation I am in...

I turned on my system today, and tried to burn, but found out that my DVD wirter is no longer working porperly. It is no longer showing up in My Computer, and when I check the Device Manager, the message window reads -

'Windows cannot initialize the device driver for this hardware. (Code 37)'.   

I checked to see if the drivers were still there and everything seems as it was before the problems started.  I have probably burned a cd or dvd evryday since I got the thing and it was working like a charm, I have no idea what happenned.

I am obviously in a bind because I cannot reinstall anything since my system can't access the drive...

Could someone please point me in the right direction???

Thanks alot
Mics: AKG c460b (ck61, ck62, ck63, ck1x, ck3x), NBob Actives, Naiant Actives, ADK A-51TL
Pres: Lunatec V2, Sound Devices MP-2
Cables: GAKables exclusively, AKG MK46, Naiant PFA's
Recorders: Edirol R-09HR, Edirol R-44
CPU for DSP: Toshiba Satellite A660 i7 > audioengineD1
Cans: ATH-50
VINYL: Rega Planar 3 > Rega Brio-R > Wharfedale EVO2-30

Offline jibooer

• Trade Count: (33)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Searching for the perfect jam...
Re: LG GSA 4163B DVD-RAM writer problems; newbie content
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2005, 11:52:51 PM »
well challk another one to experience....

fixed the problem on my own -- YAY....the problem was due to an incorrect install/uninstall of Wavelab 5.0....turn out that it writes an ASAPI driver to your device that will be used with the Wavelab porgram, as well as it writes a ASAPI update program as well. This double whammy left the Wavelab driver as part of the DVD witer drivers, and the computer kept on trying to access a driver for a program that doesn't exist...hence the confusion

what did I learn today? -  it doesn't pay to be an impatient dumbass when it comes to computers....

anyway, in ADD/REMOVE programs, deleted the ASAPI nonsense, and rebooted - viola -  the burner is back and I might add the DTS 12/11/97 Phish show sounds so sweeeet!
Mics: AKG c460b (ck61, ck62, ck63, ck1x, ck3x), NBob Actives, Naiant Actives, ADK A-51TL
Pres: Lunatec V2, Sound Devices MP-2
Cables: GAKables exclusively, AKG MK46, Naiant PFA's
Recorders: Edirol R-09HR, Edirol R-44
CPU for DSP: Toshiba Satellite A660 i7 > audioengineD1
Cans: ATH-50
VINYL: Rega Planar 3 > Rega Brio-R > Wharfedale EVO2-30

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.042 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com